Help needed please with best time to book a Christmas cruise.

killarneylady

Attention NCL price watchers!

I have been waiting to pull the trigger on an Epic Christmas Sailing out of Port Canaveral. 2 cabins, one inside and one balcony. I have been putting it off as I'm not sure whether price is good at the moment- in comparison to earlier in the year. Or likely to drop/rise. ' A certain site' seems to indicate that prices haven't moved but I'm not sure. I don't know why I'm hesitating as the perks being offered are good. I was hoping someone might have experience with Hoiday sailings and the way prices likely to fluctuate.

Edited by killarneylady

Very difficult to predict, since Port Canaveral/Caribbean will be a new homeport and region for the Epic this winter. Also, this is the first time that NCL's new payment/cancellation schedule for holiday sailings will be put into practice, which means that all of these cruises are going into final payment basically this week, and that often has an effect on prices (but 4 months out seems too early for last-minute pricing).

I assume you have been monitoring cabin availability; that's really the only halfway reliable way to predict if prices will go up or down.

Thanks. I didn't realise that there wa a different final payment date for the Christmas cruises. I haven't really been monitoring cabin availability. I assume I can do that on the fishy site? Anyway thanks. For insight. Prices are so good really compared to other similar cruises at Christmas, especially considering the perks. We'll see....

The new final payment date (120 days before departure for holiday sailings) is only for US bookings, but it is important for everyone monitoring these cruises because it tells you when you might expect to see cancellations, more cabins becoming available, possible price drops, etc.

I'm not sure if you are planning to book through the US or Europe. Be sure to compare the prices and promotions being offered on both sites.

They're more likely to go up than down. If you like the price, go ahead and book. If prices drop you can always upgrade your staterooms. Price for our NYE Escape cruise hasn't changed in months, and final payment is 2 days away. You're already after final payment; if there was going to be a drop I would have expected one around now.

Our Christmas and New Year cruises on NCL from Barcelona are booked well over 1 year in advance, as an example our Xmas 2017 NCL Spirit cruise was booked in back in April this year and since booking the price has gone up over UK£500 pp. We booked directly with NCL in the UK the deposit was £100 pp and the final balance isn't due until 2 months prior to departure and we get the free drinks promo.

For this year we are Booked B2B on NCL Spirit from Barcelona which covers Xmas and New Year, again this was booked well over 1year prior, this way we could be sure of getting the same cabin for both cruises and the promo is Free Drinks and an Internet package . Some friend booked several months later to join us and their price is considerably more than ours with Free Drinks but no free internet.

For what it's worth, my advice is, if you want to cruise at Christmas get it booked ASAP then you won't be disappointed .

Not even the price but cabin availability will be limited too.

I am looking at the Epic for xmas but there are no quads, so I have to split my party of 6 into two rooms of 3 if I want to go.

I think after labor day, prices will go up... but might not too, since promo is until the 18th of Sept

They're more likely to go up than down. If you like the price, go ahead and book. If prices drop you can always upgrade your staterooms. Price for our NYE Escape cruise hasn't changed in months, and final payment is 2 days away. You're already after final payment; if there was going to be a drop I would have expected one around now.

I agree. Decide fast if ever price drops.

• 4 weeks later...

I booked 2 cabins BA for a party of 7, I do not see any onboard credit for our booking Dec 24 - 31, 2017, but I see it's offered for the 2016 season, is there any chance of NCL giving onboard credit for 2017 xmas cruise, would we have to cancel and re-book in that situation, maybe pay a higher price for the cabin??

I booked 2 cabins BA for a party of 7, I do not see any onboard credit for our booking Dec 24 - 31, 2017, but I see it's offered for the 2016 season, is there any chance of NCL giving onboard credit for 2017 xmas cruise, would we have to cancel and re-book in that situation, maybe pay a higher price for the cabin??

Right now there is a special promotion going for Christmas 2016 for new bookings ONLY in honor Norwegian's 50th Anniversary (December 16, 2016).

Much too soon to know what promotions might be available for 2017. You will just have to keep watch.