Summer or fall clothing for the end of September?

sjde

We will be going to Bermuda on the NCL Breakaway the end of Sept. It looks like the day temps will be in the low 80's and humid, which for us is still summer weather. But since it is fall ( and since the ship is air conditioned), will we see more people on the ship and island wearing summer clothing like shorts and tees, or the slightly heavier, darker-colored fabrics and maybe longer-sleeved autumn clothes? Not sweaters, but you know what I mean.

Summer clothing. People don't dress according to the calendar date, they dress according to the weather conditions (after all summer months in the Northern Hemisphere are winter months in the Southern Hemisphere), and the A/C on the ship keeps it about the same temperature in September as it does in July.

The average air temperature in Bermuda in September through mid October is not much different than it is in July and August.

Edited by njhorseman

Summer clothing. People don't dress according to the calendar date, they dress according to the weather conditions (after all summer months in the Northern Hemisphere are winter months in the Southern Hemisphere), and the A/C on the ship keeps it about the same temperature in September as it does in July.

The average air temperature in Bermuda in September through mid October is not much different than it is in July and August.

Good to know! I was wondering the same question that was posted. I'll be in Bermuda in October and have been trying to figure out what I should pack. Glad to know all my cute sundresses will be ok to bring.

You can click on the portofbermuda web cam and see people walking near the pier. This is in Real Time, so you can get an idea of what people are wearing.

Google Bermuda weather for the time of your visit, and plan accordingly. I'd bring summer clothing, bathing suites, as well as a jacket or sweater.

We will be going to Bermuda on the NCL Breakaway the end of Sept. It looks like the day temps will be in the low 80's and humid, which for us is still summer weather. But since it is fall ( and since the ship is air conditioned), will we see more people on the ship and island wearing summer clothing like shorts and tees, or the slightly heavier, darker-colored fabrics and maybe longer-sleeved autumn clothes? Not sweaters, but you know what I mean.

You should be fine wearing your summer clothing. The only change I can see is the weather getting cooler in the evenings whereby you might want to carry a light coat or sweater.

For the past 13 days (or so) we have had amazing weather which has continued to today but checking the forecast it is showing that we will be getting some thunder and showers during the next week but the temp will remain in the high 70's.

You can click on the portofbermuda web cam and see people walking near the pier. This is in Real Time, so you can get an idea of what people are wearing.

Google Bermuda weather for the time of your visit, and plan accordingly. I'd bring summer clothing, bathing suites, as well as a jacket or sweater.

I love the Port of Bermuda webcam. But wow, you must have fantastic eyesight. Even in full screen mode, I can really make out the kind of clothes people are wearing. All the times I have seen the webcam, they were panning around and not really closing in on the pier.

But hey, it's Bermuda, and it rarely goes below 75deg F. So with us it is strictly summer clothing all the way.