cruise article/100k cruise

notalandlover

As the article pointed out, it's not unusual for long and/or unique itineraries on luxury lines.

$50,000 a person for over 4 months of lodging, food, drink, activities, and entertainment? Not as outrageous as it seems at first blush - some seniors spend $10K a month at home and don't get to see the world.

As the article pointed out, it's not unusual for long and/or unique itineraries on luxury lines.

$50,000 a person for over 4 months of lodging, food, drink, activities, and entertainment? Not as outrageous as it seems at first blush - some seniors spend $10K a month at home and don't get to see the world.

Right. That comes to around $850 a day for 2. And it covers all the things you mentioned plus transportation from port to port.

Remember that the price you will pay on a line that is not luxury is not necessarily apples to apples to a luxury line.

Also, be sure to study the ship closely. If one is going to be on a ship for several months I believe that size matters as do the amenities that are provided and not all ships are created equally.

Keith

What I do find surprising isn't the cost of the cruise, but the speed at which it sold out. But I suppose if cruisers knew it would be coming available, they could have already planned for it, and were awaiting it's release for booking.

Yes I think they had the "heads up" so they had time to think about going but still they can probably cancel up to a certain date without penalty

For some it is not a spur of the moment decision

I know with Oceania they get a week or 2 before the release date to view the cruise

Edited by LHT28