Silver Galapagos

cburger100

So,,,,,,,, who out there has been on it and when? Hopefully since the renovation, and please rate 1 being the lowest and 10 being the highest and I'd like to know if you've been on another Silversea ship? And if you were on Silver Galapagos, did you see many passenger injuries?

We did the western itinerary last month and we would rate it a 10! The service was great, our butler the best we have had on A Silversea cruise so far and the itinerary was as fast or as slow as you wanted. We snorkelled, hiked, kayaked, snorkelled some more... And our fellow travellers enjoyed themselves just as much as we did. I heard a few people say it was the best cruise they had ever been on.

We have been on the Cloud in the Caribbean and the Arctic on the Explorer. Next year we will go to Asia on the Shadow. We didn't see any injuries and I don't know that I have heard of any?

I don't know the exact dates of lobster season in the galapagos, but I do know that ships there cannot serve lobster or even have it in their freezers anytime out of season. Celebrity xpedition got in big trouble over this a couple of years ago.

• 4 weeks later...

No lobster in August but ceviche was wonderful at lunch each day at the outside grill. It was served with popcorn. Kind of fun! The grill was the best place for lunch. The seafood was the best.

Edited by NCCruzQueen

I posted this down on the SA board but haven't gotten any responses. thought maybe a SS traveler would have done a pre/post cruise adventure in Peru.:o

We have a combo Peru-Galapagos trip scheduled for next September. Roughly the itinerary is flying to Lima for a couple of days, then a day in the Sacred Valley (via a flight to Cusco, of course), train to MP with an overnight in Aguas Caliente, train back to Cusco and a day in Cusco, train to Puno (Lake Titicaca) day on Lake then fly back to Lima for an overnight at Airport Hotel prior to flight to Quito for connection to 7 day Galapagos cruise.

If you find a list clearer:

Two nights in Lima

One night Sacred Valley

One Night Machu Picchu

Two nights Cusco

One Night Lake Titicaca

One night Lima (arrive late leave early)

One night Quito

Seven day Galapagos Cruise

One night Guayaquil on way home

I know we're not spending enough time in any one place to really do it justice. Also, have been along Peru's coast on a South American cruise (spent two whole days in Lima).

Thoughts? Suggestions? Hints?

Thanks,

Greg

We have a combo Peru-Galapagos trip scheduled for next September. Roughly the itinerary is flying to Lima for a couple of days, then a day in the Sacred Valley (via a flight to Cusco, of course), train to MP with an overnight in Aguas Caliente, train back to Cusco and a day in Cusco, train to Puno (Lake Titicaca) day on Lake then fly back to Lima for an overnight at Airport Hotel prior to flight to Quito for connection to 7 day Galapagos cruise. Thanks, Greg

Great to hear about Greg's combo Peru-Galapagos "adventure" scheduled for next September. Sorry, we have not been, yet, to these areas, but they are on our future "to-do" lists. But, we just got done doing the Amazon River and Caribbean and have South Africa and Botswana next on our lists for early 2016 on the Silversea Silver Cloud, etc. More details on those trips are detailed below.

We still have wonderful memories from being with Greg and Company in July 2010 on the Silver Cloud.

THANKS! Enjoy! Terry in Ohio

From our Jan. 25-Feb. 20, 2015, Amazon River-Caribbean combo sailing over 26 days that started in Barbados, here is the link below to that live/blog. Lots of great visuals from this amazing Brazil river and these various Caribbean Islands (Dutch ABC's, St. Barts, Dominica, Grenada, etc.) that we experienced. Check it out at:

http://www.boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2157696

Now at 20,560 views for these postings.

For details and visuals, etc., from our July 1-16, 2010, Norway Coast/Fjords/Arctic Circle cruise experience from Copenhagen on the Silver Cloud, check out this posting. This posting is now at 175,278 views.

http://www.boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1227923

Greg, we did a Peru land trip that was a similar itinerary. The only thing I would change to your plan would be to skip Lake titicaca. It takes a long time to get there if you are only going to spend 1 night. I would add the extra day to the sacred valley or Quito myself.