Just lost my cabin :(

kenlyn

I am booked on Epic for Feb 8 sailing and while I was booking my dining times I noticed the cabin number was not what I had booked. I chose my cabin through CAS back in April ( corner aft balcony) after much research. My daughter was booked two doors down. I was on the 11th deck and now was on the 13 th and no corner. After a lengthy conversation I was told that when I called a week ago to add dining package upgrade to my reservation that they cancelled and rebooked me. Now I guess I should have caught this in my research because the phone person said that's what they ALWAYS do! So beware of the add ons and be sure they are worth giving up your preselected cabins. I am sure this was my fault because I didn't know the rules but that didn't help with the disappointment I had.

After 43 minutes I was able to move mine and my daughters cabins to the tenth floor aft but no corner. Thank goodness I caught this before I boarded as my research had the thirteenth deck as a big no no for light sleepers because of the night club. Also my 5 year old grandson is coming and we want to be close for babysitting duty. I just want others to know the chance they are taking when calling for upgrades to make sure they tell phone folks that they are not willing to give up their cabin. This in no way will effect the fantastic time we are about to have but certainly was a bummer! I think they just need to tell people calling right up front what might happen then there won't be any surprises.

Maybe it's just me...but what that rep told you sounds fishy. Was it NCL or CAS that you called to try to rectify the situation? If they cancel and rebook every time someone adds something to their trip they are certainly making a lot of work for themselves.

Maybe it's just me...but what that rep told you sounds fishy. Was it NCL or CAS that you called to try to rectify the situation? If they cancel and rebook every time someone adds something to their trip they are certainly making a lot of work for themselves.

Was transferred from NCL to CAS because they controlled the booking.

I am booked on Epic for Feb 8 sailing and while I was booking my dining times I noticed the cabin number was not what I had booked. I chose my cabin through CAS back in April ( corner aft balcony)

I didn't think the Epic had corner afts.

Harriet

I am booked on Epic for Feb 8 sailing and while I was booking my dining times I noticed the cabin number was not what I had booked. I chose my cabin through CAS back in April ( corner aft balcony)

I didn't think the Epic had corner afts.

Harriet

I had 11314 booked. Little bigger balcony and no neighbors on one side. Cabin was recommended to me by a poster here.

Would have been nice if the rep told you nil made a mistake because that is what they did

No one should cancel a reservation when you are adding dining to your reservation

I just added 3 specialty reservations so now i am going to check my cabin

Enjoy!!

She said it was because I changed the promo that was being offered that included the dining credit. I wasn't just adding dining. You should be fine!

I just don't see why a cabin is changed based on where you want to eat:confused:

See post #7 above. Most likely they wanted to get the dining promo that was available until end of last week and hence requiring to cancel/rebook, not add a dining add-on (UDP) that is as simple addition as ordering choco strawberries.

Edited by Demonyte

I have always heard that when you are taking part in a different promo they have to cancel and rebook but if they do it all right then and there how can her cabin have been taken. Why would taking part in a promo for adding a dinning package make her loose that cabin? Am I missing something?

I have always heard that when you are taking part in a different promo they have to cancel and rebook but if they do it all right then and there how can her cabin have been taken. Why would taking part in a promo for adding a dinning package make her loose that cabin? Am I missing something?

Indifferent and/or incompetent customer service rep.

When you cancel and rebook, which the OP did (they wanted the free dining package being offered), the original cabin is dropped for a while and then goes back into the pool. Most agents know how to work around this. If there was no discussion with the OP, CAS was probably just in a hurry and booked the first cabin that popped up. Cancel and rebooking always have the potential for problems and have to be managed by both the CAS rep and the OP.

And one of the other posters is correct, it is not a aft corner, it is just an aft cabin. The corner on the Epic is an unused space.

Edited by rvsullivan

That's what I thought too. This is not the first time that I have changed a booking but I didn't ask to keep my cabin, I just assumed that when the rep said no problem I can add the new promo on for you, that my cabin would remain the same. I am just mad that they didn't tell me first that this COULD happen....I would have told them to Keep their dining package!

This is not the first time that I have changed a booking but I didn't ask to keep my cabin, I just assumed that when the rep said no problem I can add the new promo on for you, that my cabin would remain the same. I am just mad that they didn't tell me first that this COULD happen....I would have told them to Keep their dining package!

Since this was not the first time you changed the booking, you should have known that there is always a chance that you might loose your cabin while cancelling and rebooking. As said earlier, most reps just know how to get around it, but it is still always theoretically possible to lose the cabin - even with the best rep available. Unlikely, but still possible.

Edited by Demonyte

Since this was not the first time you changed the booking, you should have known that there is always a chance that you might loose your cabin while cancelling and rebooking. As said earlier, most reps just know how to get around it, but it is still always theoretically possible to lose the cabin - even with the best rep available. Unlikely, but still possible.

When I have changed bookings in the past it was not moving cabins it was adding or removing a passenger which was not relevant in this case.

A bit off the subject, but in the same vein. If an airline changes the plane assigned to a flight, it may also change the seat assignments, since planes may have different seating configurations. So, it pays to check your airline reservations, especially if booked weeks or months in advance.

It makes no sense to lose a cabin when trying to book add-ons. In that case, book the dining after boarding, and you're already in the cabin.

It would make no sense and it's not what happened, OP's reservation was cancelled and rebooked because they wanted the dining booking promotion that was running still over a week ago.