Solstice Aqua class aft cabins

hilcadon

I am planning a September 2017 Alaskan cruise on the Solstice. I have booked AQ-2 cabin 1533 but was hoping to book an Aqua class aft cabin located on the Penthouse deck. TA said that all are currently held. She states that many people "hold" these cabins and cancel before final payment. Are people really that selfish as to keep cabins away from those who are ready to book? It really burns me to see how people brag about how they "beat the system" with their little tricks. I'm sure we will still have a great time.

I am planning a September 2017 Alaskan cruise on the Solstice. I have booked AQ-2 cabin 1533 but was hoping to book an Aqua class aft cabin located on the Penthouse deck. TA said that all are currently held. She states that many people "hold" these cabins and cancel before final payment. Are people really that selfish as to keep cabins away from those who are ready to book? It really burns me to see how people brag about how they "beat the system" with their little tricks. I'm sure we will still have a great time.

Sorry to say that yes that indeed happens. You will see lots of these cabins and suites for that matter come on just before final payment. Now it might be legitimate for some in that because you can book so far in advance, people's circumstances might change in that time.

However I am sure others book them with the hope that they might follow through but more than likely not.

I'm sure it is just sour grapes on my part, but I just really wanted to know that I had the Aqua class aft cabin "locked in" for this cruise. I have always booked early and have always got the cabin that I wanted. I especially wanted my first aft cabin for Alaska.I have booked suites for my last five cruises but wanted to try Aqua class and save a few dollars. Such is life, maybe I should go for the Sky suite.

We have sailed in the aft Aqua cabins on all 4 of our cruises on the Solstice. 3 of the cruises were in 1674 & 1 in 1676; both have larger balconies. We booked when the itineraries were first announced in order to get the after location.

Maybe your TA can waitlist you for a aft Aqua- for Alaska it was a wonderful location.

We did Alaska on the NCL Sun due to the great pricing and promos. It was a great cruise. We had an aft balcony, which made it even better.

I highly recommend that you book an aft balcony of some kind. On your aft balcony, we don't have the cold wind blowing, when you are on a regular balcony or on the open deck. Also, you have great views of the glaciers.

I think the Solstice is the only Solstice class ship which has true aft cabins in Aqua class. There are only 5.

One became available on our cruise from Sydney in February and I was able to switch at no extra cost. I just checked daily to see if one came up and it did. We are in 1668. I think the one with the largest balcony is 1670.

I to think its unfair that in the US you can reserve more then one cabin on different cruises and then cancel at no cost. In the UK we would lose our deposit so the likelihood of cancelling is less.

• 3 weeks later...