Renaissance Fort Lauderdale Cruise Port

RG306

I stayed there a couple weeks ago. I really like the property. I am planning on writing a review and posting it here. I have stayed there several times in the past and actually never felt the rooms were in such bad shape, even before the refurbishment. I like the Aveda amenities and friendly staff.

I also got a great rate at the last minute on Hotwire.

The rooms did get a refresh, but are standard Renaissance / Marriott fare and nothing special, but very comfortable. Members of Marriott rewards now get standard WIFI free, and it worked great. Make sure to join if not a member.

The only issue with this hotel is that the parking fee is a little steep at $25. It was not that bad considering the great rate I had for the room, at least. The area is heavily 'observed' and cars are towed from lots in the area of this hotel and it is hard to avoid paying if you have a car. The Budget car rental is just across a parking lot.

A Walgreens across the street does have 'food' and beverage options and there are several restaurants within walking distance.

I was in Ft. Lauderdale on other business and this trip was not cruise related, but I did ask their policy on check-in and check-out.

They enforce an 11 AM check-out time and charge for extensions granted after 12:30 AM on availability.

While the stated check-in time is 4:00 PM, they do check-in arriving guest on arrival if they have a room available without fee.

Luggage storage is provided if a room is not available.

Although I have not stayed there yet I booked for only $92 on LMT for our upcoming cruise. Thought that was a great deal so looking forward to our stay.

I am wondering about the free WIFI. I thought it was only offered if you book directly with Marriott, not with a 3rd party.

Edited by Marie51

Although I have not stayed there yet I booked for only $92 on LMT for our upcoming cruise. Thought that was a great deal so looking forward to our stay.

I am wondering about the free WIFI. I thought it was only offered if you book directly with Marriott, not with a 3rd party.

I also thought it was only for direct bookings.

I had not realized that the free wifi was only for Marriott.com bookings. Sorry.

I just had a friend get a price match from a Marriott on their website, but that only works when they show the name of the hotel on the booking channel. It can not be Hotwire or Priceline or other 'opaque' method of course.

I just saw that on the website and did not check the details as I have Gold status with Marriott myself and have always gotten free wifi.

• 4 weeks later...

The only issue I had at this hotel, was with the restaurant. They call it Bistro17. It is tiny compared to the size of the hotel. I have never really experience waiting 30 minutes for breakfast at a Renaissance or Marriott hotel. Also, we were seated at a table that apparently did not have a server assigned to it. We tried to flag staff down several times, but they seriously avoided eye contact. Then the manager finally stopped by to get us coffee and we could tell him about the unclean table, which he took care of.

That was the last time we saw anyone. No one ever offered coffee again, or ever offered juice to begin with. They just don't seem to have it together.

The only issue I had at this hotel, was with the restaurant. They call it Bistro17. It is tiny compared to the size of the hotel. I have never really experience waiting 30 minutes for breakfast at a Renaissance or Marriott hotel. Also, we were seated at a table that apparently did not have a server assigned to it. We tried to flag staff down several times, but they seriously avoided eye contact. Then the manager finally stopped by to get us coffee and we could tell him about the unclean table, which he took care of.

That was the last time we saw anyone. No one ever offered coffee again, or ever offered juice to begin with. They just don't seem to have it together.

Good to know. Any recommendations for breakfast nearby?

There is a French bakery next door, well...sort of around the parking garage, there's a diner in the shops adjacent, and an Einstein bagels and Starbucks around....

(assuming those places are still there...)

Edited by megr1125

We had dinner there about a year ago using a restaurant . com coupon. Was not impressed with the food quality and prices were very high IMO. Will not do that again.

DaveOKC