Parking suggestions in Galveston

scoob2010

I didn't see a recent thread for this so maybe it will help someone else out too.

What are people's favorite recommendations for parking for the week in Galveston? We are driving in from Houston.

We have a cruise coming up June 28th on Navigator.

Thanks all!

We used Galveston Park N Cruise last year. Was practically right across from the pier. I dropped the bags off with the porters at the pier, wife and I went and parked the car, and we walked back. longest part of the walk was waiting at the stoplight.

You can pre-book parking but there are also a lot of signs near the pier that advertise parking at a cheaper price. We've always used E Z Cruise Parking. They have some coupon codes currently with 2 different choices. You can get $15 off parking with a shuttle to the cruise by using code 2015. Or you can drop off your luggage first and then park and walk 2 blocks back to the cruise for $20 off by using code 20parkwalk. Since we book online and we don't know what the weather will be like we use the shuttle. Not sure if these coupons would be good if you just showed up that day without reservations. You might want to check.

I waited until the day before our trip to pre-book EzCruise. This allowed us to check the weather to decide if we wanted the shuttle or not. We opted for no shuttle (would have sacrificed one of us for the return if necessary) and saved the 20$ and walked. It was SOOO easy - we would definitely do it again!

The port of galveston charges by the shuttle bus so the parking lots like to have a full bus before doing the short drive. We liked not having to wait for them to fill!

Check out the galveston/gulf coast port board and you can get other options. Also highly recommend this as a topic on yor roll call - I learned a ton about this on ours!!

Park And Cruise is the most convenient. it's across the street from the terminal and provides covered parking.

Crise Critic doesn't allow a direct link.

http // www Galveston parkncruise.com /

Put them together.

Edited by Stevesan

In April, we plan to use VIP Galveston Parking. They are right at the corner by the red light. They cost a little more but since I have mobility issues it saves on walking some.

We used them several years ago but at that time they had different owners. It doesn't appear that very many people are aware of them.

In April, we plan to use VIP Galveston Parking. They are right at the corner by the red light. They cost a little more but since I have mobility issues it saves on walking some.

We used them several years ago but at that time they had different owners. It doesn't appear that very many people are aware of them.

So they transfer and pick up at terminals. Correct?

Edited by ssb

So they transfer and pick up at terminals. Correct?

No, they do not. They are right across the street from the terminal. It is the closest parking to the terminal.

We don't carry much luggage so it is not a problem for us but if you have a lot of luggage you can just go through and leave your luggage, park and then walk across the street. There is a red light right there so it is easy.

We have also parked at Park N Cruise but they are around the block a little. They do not transport either. It is so much faster though. Especially if you get off the ship early with your own luggage. You get off the ship, walk across the street and you are on your way.

It may not work for some people but it works well for us.

This will be first time cruising out of Galveston. I have heard on other threads that parking will sometimes book up. Has anyone had any problems with getting reservations to parking? When is the latest that I need to book parking?

Thanks

This will be first time cruising out of Galveston. I have heard on other threads that parking will sometimes book up. Has anyone had any problems with getting reservations to parking? When is the latest that I need to book parking?

Thanks

There is amble available parking in Galveston

One or two lots directly across street may fill up

but I have never heard of anyone not being able to park and get to ship.

And we live in Galveston!

We used Galveston Park N Cruise last year. Was practically right across from the pier. I dropped the bags off with the porters at the pier, wife and I went and parked the car, and we walked back. longest part of the walk was waiting at the stoplight.

Are the parking spots marked? How tight is the parking spots in the indoor parking?

Are the parking spots marked? How tight is the parking spots in the indoor parking?

They are not all that tight but they do like to get as many as possible in there. They direct you so that everyone is parked correctly with room on each side. I think it is fine but that is just me.

They are not all that tight but they do like to get as many as possible in there. They direct you so that everyone is parked correctly with room on each side. I think it is fine but that is just me.

And me :p

Not marked, we used the outside option and it was relatively easy to get in and out of the spaces. They do have people there making sure you get within an inch or two of the fence or the cars in front of you. I imagine if there isn't enough space available due to overbooking they'd have a contingency plan in place.

We've sailed out of Galveston about a half-dozen times and always use EZ Cruise. They are a family owned local business and always treat us well. They survived Ike and a greedy port authority. I really like to support them when I can!

• 2 weeks later...
Park And Cruise is the most convenient. it's across the street from the terminal and provides covered parking.

Crise Critic doesn't allow a direct link.

http // www Galveston parkncruise.com /

Put them together.

We have used this one twice. Very convenient. We parked and walked with our luggage. Very close...Love the indoor parking.

If Park N Cruise is booked up, there is another one that is right on the corner by the red light. It is Galveston VIP Cruise Parking. They are a little higher and only have inside parking. We may try them in April when we cruise. We did use the place before but it has changed ownership since then.

We've used Lighthouse Parking many times and recommend it unhesitatingly. They offer covered or uncovered spaces, a discount for reserving online, and they are right off Harborside Drive. You park and their shuttle will take you AND your party AND your luggage to the cruise terminal right away. Shuttles are air-conditioned, the driver helps load and unload bags, and they have a nice restroom available on-site as well (very convenient!)

Their post-cruise pick-up is equally easy and quick.

No, I don't work for them! But we have always had such good experiences with them that I wanted to add my recommendation to this thread.

We've used Lighthouse Parking many times and recommend it unhesitatingly. They offer covered or uncovered spaces, a discount for reserving online, and they are right off Harborside Drive. You park and their shuttle will take you AND your party AND your luggage to the cruise terminal right away. Shuttles are air-conditioned, the driver helps load and unload bags, and they have a nice restroom available on-site as well (very convenient!)

Their post-cruise pick-up is equally easy and quick.

No, I don't work for them! But we have always had such good experiences with them that I wanted to add my recommendation to this thread.

We have used Lighthouse and EZ Cruise Parking. They were alright except with Lighthouse we were there first and when other people came they let them get ahead of us in line. That was several years ago and they may have a better system now.

It is hard for me to get on and off the vans now so the ones that we can just walk to the terminal are much more efficient for us. This year I will have an motorized wheelchair so I will be able to ride across the street.