Honeymoon on the Equinox

stephluva

We will be going on our Honeymoon on the Equinox 4/17/15 sailing (Ultimate Caribbean)....SOOOOO EXCITED!!! We both love Celebrity, and this particular sailing was perfect for us, because it leaves a few days after the actual wedding, so we have some time to relax before we cruise.

Does anyone know if they do anything special for Honeymoon couples? I mentioned it to the representative when we booked, and they said that they would make a note of it in the reservation.

Looking to see if any fellow cruise critics have some insight for us who went on their Honeymoon with Celebrity. Thanks!! :D

We will be going on our Honeymoon on the Equinox 4/17/15 sailing (Ultimate Caribbean)....SOOOOO EXCITED!!! We both love Celebrity, and this particular sailing was perfect for us, because it leaves a few days after the actual wedding, so we have some time to relax before we cruise.

Does anyone know if they do anything special for Honeymoon couples? I mentioned it to the representative when we booked, and they said that they would make a note of it in the reservation.

Looking to see if any fellow cruise critics have some insight for us who went on their Honeymoon with Celebrity. Thanks!! :D

Many times we have had honeymoon couples at the Senior Officers table.

Don't know how they are selected but I suspect it helps if you are in a high level suite:)

Had my Honeymoon on the Summit in April 2014, I am positive it was noted on the reservation, even mentioned it to the butler since we were in a suite. To be honest I was expecting something, a card, cheese plate, small cake, something..

Received nothing extra the entire cruise.... was a little surprised, but had a great cruise anyway.

I think they do recognize honeymoons normally, Good Luck and Congrats!!

We were on the Solstice and met a couple on their honeymoon. They told that there were 6 honeymoon couples on the ship and the ship had a luncheon for them.

The couple we were talking with were in a Sky Suite and were also invited to the Captains Table.

Many times we have had honeymoon couples at the Senior Officers table.

Don't know how they are selected but I suspect it helps if you are in a high level suite:)

That would be lovely...too bad we booked a balcony cabin...might have to upgrade ;)

Had my Honeymoon on the Summit in April 2014, I am positive it was noted on the reservation, even mentioned it to the butler since we were in a suite. To be honest I was expecting something, a card, cheese plate, small cake, something..

Received nothing extra the entire cruise.... was a little surprised, but had a great cruise anyway.

I think they do recognize honeymoons normally, Good Luck and Congrats!!

Sorry you didn't receive anything for your Honeymoon, you would think at least a cheese plate! LOL

We sailed on the Summit in 2011....one of the best cruises we've ever been on!

We were on the Solstice and met a couple on their honeymoon. They told that there were 6 honeymoon couples on the ship and the ship had a luncheon for them.

The couple we were talking with were in a Sky Suite and were also invited to the Captains Table.

We are thinking that there won't be too many other honeymoon couples on our sailing...kind of "off peak" time. Hopefully there will be a nice luncheon though...thanks!! :D

We had a sky suite for our honeymoon June 12 on the equinox. Nothing special was done for us. We didn't get an invite to the 'honeymoon and anniversary' party but happened to mention the reason for sailing at guest relations on the second morning. We were given an invite then.

There were lots of honeymooners on board so we assumed that it's not a big deal to celebrity.

We did get an invite to the captains table on the 2nd formal night. We think that's because we'd been to see the CC hostess about something and the staff captain (is that right? 2nd in command) only liked eating with British guests.

You'll have a great cruise and it'll be special to you both.

Congratulations on your engagement and wedding!

We're sailing on the Equinox as well for our honeymoon cruise. Our departure date is 1/2/15 and we're in a S1 Sky Suite. If I can find this thread afterwards, I'll let you know if they treat us to anything special :o

Mr Sloop & I celebrated a Milestone on a Celebrity Cruise. It was noted on our Reservation, and we were invited to the Honeymoon & Anniversary Reception as well as receiving the "famous" Celebrity Chocolate Occasion Cake one night in the MDR.

I know on our sailing there also was one day the Celebrity version of the "Newlywed" Game (for Honeymooners & Oldtimers alike) in the Main Theatre... But we did not play or attend. Did hear from another couple we met, that it was a real hoot, and everyone at it had a good time (both Players & the Audience)

Cheers!

I think it is rarer for someone that is sailing that isn't celebrating something. It seems as if there is always someone in every group celebrating a anniversary, birthday, engagement, divorce, retirement etc.

We don't make any note of anything anymore as it justs gives them a opportunity to hawk some kind of package to make your occasion "more enjoyable or special"

On the cruise that we recently were on they were begging people to sign up to participate in their version of the marriage game. They finally conned one couple into it as they were entering the theater by telling them that everyone had to enter into the drawing. Catch was there was no drawing.

Happy cruising 🌊🚢🇺🇸🌅

Edited by miched

We were on Equinox for our 25th anniversary and there was a night when all the people celebrating anniversaries or honeymoons were all invited to a function in the Sky Lounge where there was cake, hors devours, and drinks (alcohol or not), all free, and a live band for dancing. Some officers were there. It was only for invitees. It was nice, but so many people there (?200?).

- Joel

We were on Equinox for our 25th anniversary and there was a night when all the people celebrating anniversaries or honeymoons were all invited to a function in the Sky Lounge where there was cake, hors devours, and drinks (alcohol or not), all free, and a live band for dancing. Some officers were there. It was only for invitees. It was nice, but so many people there (?200?).

- Joel

That was our experience as well. We were celebrating our 30th anniversary; however, the group was only about 40 or so and it was held one afternoon during the many sea days as we sailed to Hawaii. We had a great time meeting officers and fellow guests from newlyweds to celebrating many more years than we were! A nice mix of folks and much appreciated. Celebrity had their photographer there taking pictures of each couple with the cake in front of them.

The invitation was with everything else on the bed at embarkation.