Suggestions for Thanksgiving meal on Jade 2017

titanraven

This is our first cruise over the Thanksgiving holiday. I realize that not all cruisers on this trip celebrate the US Thanksgiving but if there is a recommendation for a restaurant for turkey, mashed potatoes, stuffing, I would appreciate your feedback.

Also, does anyone know if NFL games will be broadcast on T-Day.

Thank you,

kq

A few years ago I was on The Getaway for Thanksgiving- a traditional Thanksgiving Dinner was served in the main dining rooms. More food than I could eat.

The NFL games that day were shown on a big screen in the lobby.

Enjoy

This is our first cruise over the Thanksgiving holiday. I realize that not all cruisers on this trip celebrate the US Thanksgiving but if there is a recommendation for a restaurant for turkey, mashed potatoes, stuffing, I would appreciate your feedback.

Also, does anyone know if NFL games will be broadcast on T-Day.

Thank you,

kq

We have been on the Dawn for Thanksgiving. The only turkey meal that was available was in the main dining room, and was not very good. I highly suggest having your Thanksgiving meal either before or after your cruise and just go with the flow on the ship. It's not like you realize it's Thanksgiving, as you are camped in front of the TV watching parades and football, or thinking about hitting the mall at 5:00 a.m. the next morning. You might find an NFL game on TV in a bar, but its not likely. Thanksgiving on a cruise is pretty much like any other day on a cruise.

We were on Star in 2010 for Thanksgiving. As a PP stated, each of the specialty restaurants and the MDRs served turkey and while tasty, it was fancy, a turkey roulade as I recall....not just carved turkey. We discovered after we were stuffed, that the buffet had roasted turkey. We ended up snatching a couple of pieces and some cranberry sauce so we could have our traditional sandwich the next day with "leftovers".;)

All restaurants will serve turkey.

We actually would prefer the buffet. Not formal, but you can pick and choose your dinner. More like being at home.

I've been on the Pearl and Jewel during Thanksgiving and Cagney's didn't serve turkey and there was only the traditional Thanksgiving dinner in the MDR. Probably served in the buffet, but I didn't go there.