Lost 7lbs and 2 inches off my waist in one week..

Velvetwater

Hi

I just came on here to share an amazing 1 week diet I found. Its in a few places on the web and mix of different diets I think but I found it here and it seems the ladies on the forum had similar successes:

http://www.netmums.com/coffeehouse/woman-504/sport-diet-fitness-613/184688-lose-14lbs-week.html

I wanted a diet that was quite strict but still had all the food groups in general so this seemed great. I did have a chicken sandwich with mao and crisps and a chocolate bar in my slip ups but generally stuck to it...I used a lot of tinned tomatoes as I can't eat plain salad and used spices and cooking to liven it up. Drinking lots of water with sugar free cordial helped me feel full too.

Started it a week ago and I have lost 7lbs and 2 inches off my waist and I have more energy! I started at 13 7lbs and I am now 13 stone exactly. I am 5'10 so I was a little bigger than I liked but not grossly overweight.

Just thought I would share. Obviously I know that large amounts of weight loss in a short time period are not advised and any fad diets are not considered wise by health proffesionals but I wanted a kick start to eating healthily and this was a good one when seeing the others. Planning on smaller portions and less carbs til I cruise in August as this diet taught me I was eating too much and too much junk. :)

Edited by Velvetwater

• 2 weeks later...

I am a massive fan of Michael Moseley's 5:2 Fasting Diet..when ever i need to drop a couple of kilos, it is my "go to" solution. I fast on Mondays and Thursdays, consuming 500 calories in the period from just after Sunday night dinner, to Tuesday Breakfast, and the same Wednesday night through to Friday breakfast. Once I get used to feeling hungry, I find it really easy to stick to, and also find that I feel fantastically energised the day after fasting...which seems quite strange. the other benefit is that i get more sleep,as I go to bed early on Monday and Thursday nights. I first did this diet nearly 2 years ago, and dropped from 65kg to 55kg in the period from late august to late November and have remained at or close to this weight ever since. i like to keep my weight between 52 (ideal pre-cruise weight) and 55kg, my ideal normal weight. I like this diet because:

There is no special eating plan, other than to restrict calorie intake for the two days (hey..I eat chocolate on at least two days a week!).

My body seems to appreciate the rest from having to constantly digest and process food..apparently the theory is that can divert energy and attention to repair and maintenance.

I seem to have more energy, particularly on the days after fasting.

If I slip up and cave in to hunger ( that happens a bit at first, until you learn to get used to being hungry sometimes) you can always revert to eating normally for the day, and start again the following day.

This is a long post I know, but I have reaped so many benefits after years of trying to control my weight, I felt the need to share.

Edited by Flash harriet

I am a massive fan of Michael Moseley's 5:2 Fasting Diet..when ever i need to drop a couple of kilos, it is my "go to" solution. I fast on Mondays and Thursdays, consuming 500 calories in the period from just after Sunday night dinner, to Tuesday Breakfast, and the same Wednesday night through to Friday breakfast. Once I get used to feeling hungry, I find it really easy to stick to, and also find that I feel fantastically energised the day after fasting...which seems quite strange. the other benefit is that i get more sleep,as I go to bed early on Monday and Thursday nights. I first did this diet nearly 2 years ago, and dropped from 65kg to 55kg in the period from late august to late November and have remained at or close to this weight ever since. i like to keep my weight between 52 (ideal pre-cruise weight) and 55kg, my ideal normal weight. I like this diet because:

There is no special eating plan, other than to restrict calorie intake for the two days (hey..I eat chocolate on at least two days a week!).

My body seems to appreciate the rest from having to constantly digest and process food..apparently the theory is that can divert energy and attention to repair and maintenance.

If I slip up and cave in to hunger ( that happens a bit at first, until you learn to get used to being hungry sometimes) you can always revert to eating normally for the day, and start again the following day.

This is a long post I know, but I have reaped so many benefits after years of trying to control my weight, I felt the need to share.

What do you eat on the 500 calorie days?

I like the 5:2 but will often adjust it to 4:3.

I find it can really strip the weight off and I find it easier to simply not eat than to count calories [but then I often have trouble finding the time to eat anyway].

What do you eat on the 500 calorie days?

I'd like to know this also. Seems like a doable plan/diet.

For breakfast, I eat 30 grams of rolled oats with skim milk ( about half a cup) and a handful of frozen berries. In winter I nuke it to make porridge, in summer, I let it soak for a while, and then eat cold. I have either black coffee, or tea with a little skim milk. I eat nothing during the day, but will have black decaf coffee ( my tea is decaf as well), and water. I get home about half past 5 and generally have a spoonful of Vegemite dissolved in hot water...I find if I am hungry, Something low calorie, but with a HUGE flavor hit calms things down. Then at dinner time I have a big green salad, with eithe a hard boiled egg, or a bit of chicken breast. I use chick peas in the salad for a bit of low calorie bulk. Then I go to bed early...and wake up the next day feeling fantastic! I eat normally during the rest of the week, which includes chocolate, and a couple of glasses of wine on Friday and Saturday night. I do try to limit sugar intake ( except for chocolate) but eat prodigious amounts of butter on my bread. I also work out 4 times a week...but if I'm honest, not particularly hard! I am lucky that this seems to work for me. My husband...well, not so much. It takes a bit of effort coping with hunger, but I usually tell myself to wait until tomorrow, when I can eat whatever I want...and by then the urge has passed. It is a bit hit and miss for the first week or two as it takes a bit of practice to resist the call of a grumbling tummy, but once you master that, it really is easy. Come on...who can resist a weight loss programme that tells you to diet for only two days out of seven?!

Edited by Flash harriet

For breakfast, I eat 30 grams of rolled oats with skim milk ( about half a cup) and a handful of frozen berries. In winter I nuke it to make porridge, in summer, I let it soak for a while, and then eat cold. I have either black coffee, or tea with a little skim milk. I eat nothing during the day, but will have black decaf coffee ( my tea is decaf as well), and water. I get home about half past 5 and generally have a spoonful of Vegemite dissolved in hot water...I find if I am hungry, Something low calorie, but with a HUGE flavor hit calms things down. Then at dinner time I have a big green salad, with eithe a hard boiled egg, or a bit of chicken breast. I use chick peas in the salad for a bit of low calorie bulk. Then I go to bed early...and wake up the next day feeling fantastic! I eat normally during the rest of the week, which includes chocolate, and a couple of glasses of wine on Friday and Saturday night. I do try to limit sugar intake ( except for chocolate) but eat prodigious amounts of butter on my bread. I also work out 4 times a week...but if I'm honest, not particularly hard! I am lucky that this seems to work for me. My husband...well, not so much. It takes a bit of effort coping with hunger, but I usually tell myself to wait until tomorrow, when I can eat whatever I want...and by then the urge has passed. It is a bit hit and miss for the first week or two as it takes a bit of practice to resist the call of a grumbling tummy, but once you master that, it really is easy. Come on...who can resist a weight loss programme that tells you to diet for only two days out of seven?!

Thanks for the information. How much weight do you usually lose each week?

Thanks for the detailed information! Doesn't sound as hard as I imagined it'd be.

I seem to drop about two kilos every three weeks. It seems a bit slow at first, but then it just seems to fall away quite quickly, and consistently. I recommend that if you are interested, check out Michael Moseley's website..there are recipes, and forums there to help you along the way