Review Wind Spirit Tahitis March 11th-18

ROCKSMIX

I just have time for a few words right now about my fabulous trip on the Wind Spirit Papeete-Papeete.

I was in cabin # 227. Perfect. Room was taken care of twice a day. Yes, there is ice, and fruit, and flowers in the room.

Our attendant, Andi, was always a step ahead of us, knowing what we might need. As in extra towels, new robe, whatever.

Off ship excursions were breathtaking. Swim with SHARKS!! Rays, and fish of all kinds.

Friendly vendors, never aggressive, always smiling. Fair prices. Bought a beautiful black pearl pendant. Learned how to make a good choice on the ship.

Age range of cruisers ...one newlywed couple maybe 30yrs old. the rest equally divided by 40's, 50's, 60's. Maybe older folks too( I'm 64) but everyone looked

"cruiser cool" and we visited with almost all of our 128 passengers. We had 91 crew. Service was spectacular. Food amazing and lots of options. Room service was VERY nice, and quick too. If you have a specific ? I'll try to answer.

Edited by ROCKSMIX

Thanks for the report. Can't imagine only 128 passengers, wow that must have been great.
128 is only 20 people short of capacity.The Wind Spirit has a maximum capacity of 148 (in 74 cabins) which is why we really enjoy sailing on the original ships, Windstar and Windspirit.

We're anxious to try one of the new (to Windstar) ships (aka, "yachts") because they handle a max of only 212 for that same reason. It's great getting to know a large percentage of the entire ship.

It was an amazing trip. I don't want to give all of the details, because there are lots of moments where you say " ohhh that was so nice of Wind Star". Unexpected, yet awesome special consideration to all of us. Passengers who have 20 plus cruises under their belts reported this was the BEST ONE EVER!!.

We took that cruise May 2014, the first cruise after 10 years due to the engine fire. It was spectacular, full ship, out of this world. We also sailed to Tahiti across the Pacific, 19 days of bliss and then 7 more days of more bliss. We took the ship's excursions of Dr. Pool's Spinner dolphins, snorkeling with the rays and the history of the moais on Huihnie. Great. Thanks for your report wonderful to read to bring back memories. Happy Sailing

Thanks for your glowing report! We leave in about 6 weeks and are so happy to hear you had such a wonderful time. Can you please be more specific about the shore excursions? Did you do the ones offered by the ship or schedule some on your own? Which ones did you do on each island? On the snorkeling trips, were life belts offered if you wanted one? Thanks so much for taking the time to respond.

WS has always been exceedingly safety conscious. When we took the swimming with rays trip the water depth was not over your head. However,they did offer life vests for those who wanted them. When I swim off the swim platform I always wear a life vest, I am an excellent swimmer, but the currents can be strong. With Dr. Pool we all wore life vests in his boat. Better safe than sorry. Have a great time.

Texasstar. The excursions are well organized and Wind Star covers all of the bases. We did the" island tour featuring Belvedere lookout" on Moorea. Air conditioned small bus drove to important sites, heard stories about the people of Moorea, Vanilla plants, shrimp farming. Lots of photo opportunities. 3 hrs approx. Then the 2nd day in Bora Bora we did a Lagoon tour that took us to black tip sharks, and a couple of HUGE Lemon sharks. ( Can't believe I was in the water!) The Aquarium, millions of colorful fish were seen with a snorkel and mask. Then stopped for a Manta Ray sighting. Ask Walt, our Host to give you my direct email address and we can "talk" more details.

Strenz,

Currents were strong off the Sports Platform. We all hung on, sat on, the giant blue floating mattress roped to the back of the ship. Vests were available too. It was quite the social stop. Laughing, joking, story telling stories. Only thing missing was cocktail service.

Edited by ROCKSMIX

... Ask Walt, our Host to give you my direct email address and we can "talk" more details.
Your email addy has been sent to texasstar as requested.

Is this on the first day in Bora Bora or the second. I was thinking of arranging a sunset cruise with Vitamin Sea, but it would have to be on the first day in Bora Bora. The information is appreciated, as is your review. We are really looking forward to the trip and your report really whet the appetite!!

Thanks, Shelly

The private Motu event is the 2nd day in Bora Bora. This dinner and show is spectacular!!! You have plenty of time to do any daytime excursion before the tender brings you over. It's unbelievable how the Wind Star staff transports all of the supplies for this event. No paper plates or paper napkins at this event. Real top notch.

Hi all,

we were on this very same trip, Hi Rox welcome home. Lovely to have met you and Tom.

To answer a fellow cruisers questions about various excursions, we did the Bora Bora jet ski excursion offered by the ship and it was outstanding. It is three hours with most of that time on the jet ski. We did the whole circumference of the main Island and saw all the high end resorts on the outer Motus. Had a couple of swims in the lagoon, crystal clear water and the purest silica sand you will ever experience and also attended a coconut demo. Our leader Nico was so friendly and our group (only five of us) had a fabulous time. You think you have seen Bora Bora from ship etc but the outer motus are in a world of their own pristine.

:)

Hi all,

we were on this very same trip, Hi Rox welcome home. Lovely to have met you and Tom.

To answer a fellow cruisers questions about various excursions, we did the Bora Bora jet ski excursion offered by the ship and it was outstanding. It is three hours with most of that time on the jet ski. We did the whole circumference of the main Island and saw all the high end resorts on the outer Motus. Had a couple of swims in the lagoon, crystal clear water and the purest silica sand you will ever experience and also attended a coconut demo. Our leader Nico was so friendly and our group (only five of us) had a fabulous time. You think you have seen Bora Bora from ship etc but the outer motus are in a world of their own pristine.[/quote

Jeanette. It was such a pleasure to meet you and Hugo. I wish we would have done the jet ski with you two. Next time perhaps!!! Where you headed next???

Rocks mix.

Hi Texasstar,

Nico our guide was terrific. We had a young honeymoon couple on the trip so he put them behind him and did several extra loops and curves so the slower ones like hubby and I could keep up.

We have only ever been on a jet ski once before so we were real newbies. We never felt we had to go any faster than we wanted to and Nico kept checking that we were in sight. We are in our late 50's and we had a blast.