Blue Iguana Cantina Questions

jlindemer

I LOVE Chipotle! Is the Blue Iguana comparable to the quality and taste of Chipotle? I see that the menu is almost identical. Also, can you have a burrito bowl instead of a burrito? Last question...what is the guacamole like? Is it chunky and made fresh or it is prepackaged and smooth?

I would love to see all of your Blue Iguana food pics! Breakfast or lunch!

Thanks!

We got it nearly everyday for lunch. Just ask for no tortilla. They will pile it on a plate for you just like the Chipotle Bowl or the Naked Burrito at QDoba. You tell them what you want on it. Make sure you tell them in the order you want it - otherwise they will put the pico de gallo on the bottom and dump the rice on top. It took us a few days to "train" they guys on the Breeze.

I also agree that it closes way too early. I would have liked it for dinner a couple of times.

Edited by DebJ14

Sorry, guac is from the squirt bottle. Also, in the morning they do breakfast burritos, emapnadas (sp?) and huevos rancheros. They also have fresh watermelon on the salsa bar. I ate at Blue Iguana almost ever single day.

I imagine for consistency's sake it's better for them to use the commercial guac. I also appreciate the real guac but I know what a pain it is to have to depend on the avocados being good. I remember one of my fave Mexican places would occasionally have a sign up "No guac today" because they refused to sell guac that wasn't perfect. And if your avocados aren't perfectly ripe, you can't make great guac. Not ripe enough, too ripe = eh guac.

Yes, don't miss the breakfast burritos, went there almost everyday on the Breeze, one of the best breakfasts at sea!

You won't read anything on Cruise Critic that is more correct than this! Also the arepas are pretty good too.

Sent using the Cruise Critic forums app

Sorry, guac is from the squirt bottle. Also, in the morning they do breakfast burritos, emapnadas (sp?) and huevos rancheros. They also have fresh watermelon on the salsa bar. I ate at Blue Iguana almost ever single day.

Are the empanadas sweet - like apple or cherry filling.:)

No, cheese filled.

These are arepas, not empanadas that they have. But regardless of what they are, they are great!

Also, the hueveros rancheros in the morning are the best. They fix you 2 fresh eggs sunny side up for the top. I loved going down and getting them and then bringing back to enjoy on balcony.

Also the watermelon salsa is really good.

These are arepas, not empanadas that they have. But regardless of what they are, they are great!

Also, the hueveros rancheros in the morning are the best. They fix you 2 fresh eggs sunny side up for the top. I loved going down and getting them and then bringing back to enjoy on balcony.

Also the watermelon salsa is really good.

Do you know if you can get the eggs done over hard? I don't eat uncooked (or undercooked) eggs.

thanks. :D

I knew I shouldn't have read this! lol....got 2 mos. to go before I can eat all this good stuff! Was just on Triumph last Nov. and COMPLETELY forgot about it! And Mexican is my favorite food!!! Don't know what happened...just never made it there! Soooo looking forward to it this time!

Do you know if you can get the eggs done over hard? I don't eat uncooked (or undercooked) eggs.

thanks. :D

I'm sure you can. They asked me if it was ok to have them sunny side up. If they don't ask just tell them to please cook all the way through before putting on tortilla with all the yummy stuff.

But you can't just get a fried egg with nothing else. A lady in line tried that because the line at the omelet bar was too long. He told her to go there.

I'm sure you can. They asked me if it was ok to have them sunny side up. If they don't ask just tell them to please cook all the way through before putting on tortilla with all the yummy stuff.

But you can't just get a fried egg with nothing else. A lady in line tried that because the line at the omelet bar was too long. He told her to go there.

Thanks. I totally want "all the other stuff" - I'm a huge fan of Heuvos Ranchero and I'm thinking on Port days (and no sea day brunch) this, or a breakfast burrito (who are we kidding - BOTH) will be a good breakfast.

Thanks. I totally want "all the other stuff" - I'm a huge fan of Heuvos Ranchero and I'm thinking on Port days (and no sea day brunch) this, or a breakfast burrito (who are we kidding - BOTH) will be a good breakfast.

And then go back at lunch for their great burritos and tacos!:)