Kids Lanyards from Adventure Ocean?

cello56

Does anyone know if the kids still get a free lanyard when they sign up for Adventure Ocean? The children will be 6 and 8 years old if that makes a difference, and we will be on Enchantment of the Seas. This will be their first cruise, and I didn't want to make them one if they were going to be getting one at camp. Thanks! :)

My kids got them in 2013 on Oasis but did not get them two weeks ago on Independence. We asked at Adventure Ocean on Indy and they said that they're available for purchase in gift shop :( Shame because I could have easily brought the other ones from home. Kids didn't need their SeaPass cards though anyway; we ended up carrying them for them.

Elissa

I guess that I am off to buy some 'girlie' color beads to make them their own lanyards - just in case! This is the first cruise for their entire three generation family, and I want to make things as perfect as I can. I already made several pretty lanyards for the adult ladies to choose from. I am pretty sure they will want to wear their sea pass cards on lanyards! :D

It is disappointing to hear that they were not provided on Indy recently. I am going on Indy in 4 weeks and my son will be needing one because he never wears shorts or pants with pockets. Guess I will be running to the gift shop to get one.

I wonder why some ships provide them and others make you buy them?

Hmmm. Well then maybe I will make them pretty 'necklaces' that can also serve as lanyards just in case! Not sure how much 6 and 8 year olds will even need to carry their own seapass cards.

Sounds like a good plan. We had 1 cruise (Monarch) where they were not available. Had a bunch sitting at home but incorrectly assumed that we would get new ones. Not sure if they ran out and were not ordering any more as they were leaving the fleet in about 4 months time.

The only time our kids ever have them in their possession is getting on or off the ship, because it's less of a hassle trying to juggle them at that point, along with my own card and anything else we might be carrying.

All other times, including while wandering around at ports, I'm holding them or we leave them in the cabin when just wandering the ship.

Edited by nolesrule

I guess that I am off to buy some 'girlie' color beads to make them their own lanyards - just in case! This is the first cruise for their entire three generation family, and I want to make things as perfect as I can. I already made several pretty lanyards for the adult ladies to choose from. I am pretty sure they will want to wear their sea pass cards on lanyards! :D

I have two girls (11 & 12) and I think they would love a beaded lanyand. Can you tell me how you made them?

I have two girls (11 & 12) and I think they would love a beaded lanyand. Can you tell me how you made them?

I buy beading wire at Michael's or some other similar craft store. I use Beadalon .46mm Bead Stringing Wire. Then choose beads that you like - but make sure that the hole is large enough to accommodate the size of wire you used. You will also need some crimps to stop the beads from falling off. They sell special tools to squeeze the crimps shut, but I just use a pair of needle nose pliers. I crimp the one end to start, and leave about an inch extra. Then when I finish beading, I thread the extra inch through the second crimp, and the first few beads. Do the same with the second crimp, then squeeze both crimps tight. To hold the seapass card you can add a split ring or get the dog tag style clips. I prefer the dog tag style since they allow you to easily remove the card for evening use when I carry a small purse.

Here are the ones that I made yesterday for our guests to choose from. I have just been using up beads I already had, but didn't have any little girl colors. Off to shop!

A1F9D83E-968C-416C-AF80-D163BB295729.jpg

Does anyone know if the kids still get a free lanyard when they sign up for Adventure Ocean? The children will be 6 and 8 years old if that makes a difference, and we will be on Enchantment of the Seas. This will be their first cruise, and I didn't want to make them one if they were going to be getting one at camp. Thanks! :)

we went on enchantment last summer and yes they got a free lanyard

I buy beading wire at Michael's or some other similar craft store. I use Beadalon .46mm Bead Stringing Wire. Then choose beads that you like - but make sure that the hole is large enough to accommodate the size of wire you used. You will also need some crimps to stop the beads from falling off. They sell special tools to squeeze the crimps shut, but I just use a pair of needle nose pliers. I crimp the one end to start, and leave about an inch extra. Then when I finish beading, I thread the extra inch through the second crimp, and the first few beads. Do the same with the second crimp, then squeeze both crimps tight. To hold the seapass card you can add a split ring or get the dog tag style clips. I prefer the dog tag style since they allow you to easily remove the card for evening use when I carry a small purse.

Here are the ones that I made yesterday for our guests to choose from. I have just been using up beads I already had, but didn't have any little girl colors. Off to shop!

A1F9D83E-968C-416C-AF80-D163BB295729.jpg

Thank you so much for sharing this... I will see if I get time this weekend or not. I did buy one for myself on Etsy already.

• 2 weeks later...
Just off the Mariner OTS.

Our two granddaughters in Aquanauts get free lanyard as a prize in a competition (all children get it).

Our grandson in Explorers doesn't get any.

Why? Don't know. I don't ask.

Why didn't you ask?

On Freedom last year DS didn't go to the kid's club until the 4th day. He had to ask for a lanyard. It wasn't offered. On Vision he went the first night and got one automatically.

Both times the lanyards broke and they were replaced.

Both times there were so few kids on board the 6-8s and 9-11s were together.