Shareholder benefit

petlady7

Hi

Does anybody know if Costa have an official shareholder benefit request form , I know Princess does one , if so do you have the link please

Zoe

All I do is send proof of ownership of 100 shares of CCL to my TA and she sends it to Costa.

I also bring a copy onboard in case the OBC doesn't show up.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

Just an update , I had sent all my details by post to the address in Italy and within 4 days I have had an email confirming our 75 euros OBC and they recommend in the email to confirm with reception on boarding:D

Just an update , I had sent all my details by post to the address in Italy and within 4 days I have had an email confirming our 75 euros OBC and they recommend in the email to confirm with reception on boarding:D

Great! But bring a copy of that email on board with you just in case.

• 6 months later...

Sent my shareholder details by fax to Costa and had a reply back by email the next day. More efficient than Cunard!

Of course I will take a copy of the email with me.

Is there any way to check your on board account during the cruise via the TV as on MSC?

Sent my shareholder details by fax to Costa and had a reply back by email the next day. More efficient than Cunard!

Of course I will take a copy of the email with me.

Is there any way to check your on board account during the cruise via the TV as on MSC?

Yes, it will be on the TV and the Totems. Give it a few days when on board.

Just out of interest, how much OBC do you get for being a shareholder?

Sailings on Costa:

6 days or less €40

7 to 13 days €75

14 days or longer €200

Google this: "carnival shareholder benefits 2015"

OR translated to USD:

The benefit is one per stateroom and is $50 for 6 days or less, $100 for 7 to 13 days and $250 for 14 days+. At least 100 shares of stock has to be in the pax's name in any account (IRA, 401K, brokerage account, etc). All that is needed is documentation proving you own it like brokerage account statement. This is for all North American Carnival Corp brands.

As of this moment, 100 Carnival shares (CCL.L) will cost £2959 plus stamp duty & dealing charge, so less than £3000 in total. So if you take just one 14-day cruise per year, you are getting a tax-free return of 5%. You can apply for shareholder's benefit for every Carnival company cruise you take, so if you are a frequent cruiser you can easily make 10% or 15% tax-free :)

There are many ways to buy shares in the UK; your bank will have a share dealing service but I prefer to use an on-line "execution-only" broker as it is significantly cheaper & very convenient.

The usual warning when buying shares should go in here, yes you may make 5% return from the shareholder benefit, but you may also lose much of the capital if the share price goes down.

Carnival (and all the cruise lines) jumped up over a pound per share when Obama announced a reduction in sanction against Cuba. The shares may go up still further once the lines starting Cuba on their Caribbean itineraries, but may go down in the short term.

Thats is some very useful information from you two, many thanks. :)

The usual warning when buying shares should go in here, yes you may make 5% return from the shareholder benefit, but you may also lose much of the capital if the share price goes down.

Carnival (and all the cruise lines) jumped up over a pound per share when Obama announced a reduction in sanction against Cuba. The shares may go up still further once the lines starting Cuba on their Caribbean itineraries, but may go down in the short term.

As of this moment, 100 Carnival shares (CCL.L) will cost £2959 plus stamp duty & dealing charge, so less than £3000 in total. So if you take just one 14-day cruise per year, you are getting a tax-free return of 5%. You can apply for shareholder's benefit for every Carnival company cruise you take, so if you are a frequent cruiser you can easily make 10% or 15% tax-free :)

There are many ways to buy shares in the UK; your bank will have a share dealing service but I prefer to use an on-line "execution-only" broker as it is significantly cheaper & very convenient.