Mariner of the seas

We will be boarding the mariner of the seas in late october 2017 from singapore for a 4 days cruise. Having read some of the reviews i am quite concerned about the state of the ship as it is our first cruise and we will be judging to see if we will do more cruises in the future. Is this the correct ship to have our first experience of cruising or is it giong to turn us off. Any advice would be helpful at this stage.

You don't say where your from but there is a warning on the cc cruise review page that states.. Non-Chinese passengers may feel out of place on Mariner of the Seas. I read a review several months ago from someone that was on the cruise and said English was spoken almost nowhere onboard, and the quests are very rude to the wait staff. happy cruising

You don't say where your from but there is a warning on the cc cruise review page that states.. Non-Chinese passengers may feel out of place on Mariner of the Seas. I read a review several months ago from someone that was on the cruise and said English was spoken almost nowhere onboard, and the quests are very rude to the wait staff. happy cruising

I never like to contradict other posters but this is so way off the mark. It is the word of a Singaporean vs one from southern California. English is the only language spoken on board. There are many Australians working in Singapore now.

We sailed on Mariner Singapore to Shanghai...From SoCal and I didn't feel out of place even though we were certainly in the minority onboard. English was spoken as the first language by all members of the crew and staff...actually all announcements were made in English first.

Standing in line or waiting your turn is certainly not something the Asian's tended to do onboard...and I do agree there was some rudeness onboard...unlike the land trips we've experienced in China...there we were treated at times like an oddity and had our picture taken many times and the locals were extremely friendly and helpful to us westerner's.

However it certainly didn't take away from enjoying the ship and the amazing itinerary we did. I'm hoping to book this itinerary again if offered for 2019.