Need a Good Laugh?

winddawn

You have to have a sense of humor to appreciate The Onion. Their specialty is parody. Their content isn't meant to be taken seriously. :-)

don't get me wrong, i entirely understand what the onion is and often appreciate some of their content... i find it amusing when people that do NOT understand what the onion is...

however, the fact that they repeatedly refer to it as a 'carnival cruise ship' is what i was commenting on. that's just plain wrong, and the glaring error made it 'less funny' to me, and reminiscent of previous incidents where 'sensationalism' and inaccurate reporting of facts where screamed from the hilltops here :)

Is it just me or does everyone read Loubettis posts as if you hear him talking through a headset with engines running in the background?

Excuse me, can you type your question a little louder?? I'm having trouble hearing you over that engine noise. :p

Fairly funny.

The old print addition of the Onion was a better product. BTW, they still use the same pictures in "American Voices" that they used in the 90's print addition.

Here's an older article that still cracks me up.

http://www.theonion.com/articles/family-dog-suspected-cause-of-miniature-chuckwagon,795/

A take off of this commercial -

Edited by fuddrules

Well technically it is Carnival's cruise ship. As are all the ships under the various brands owned by Carnival Corporation.

But that's beside the point. It doesn't have to be accurate. It just has to be funny. It's parody. And I got a good belly laugh out of it when I read it. The Onion manages to zing Carnival every couple of months (and they are easy to find on Google). The most recent one is one of the funniest though IMO and the language is cleaner than they usually use when they "report" on Carnival, so I was able to share it here.

Is it just me or does everyone read Loubettis posts as if you hear him talking through a headset with engines running in the background?

kinda, yes, perhaps it's the avatar.

and since he's never cruised on carnival (by his own admission) however relevant his commentary may be, it is not entirely, especially when reinforced by comments like '[he would cringe if they called it] the carnival queen mary' - which by the nature of this article, would be the same as me taking cause with the 'carnival crown princess' (both would be wrong). he's said he'd like to sail carnival though - i give benefit of the doubt, welcome loubettis if you ever do.

but as someone who actually likes carnival, i cringe when 'the onion' refers in their satire to the ship in question as 'carnival's crown princess' (princess cruise line)...

and i cringe when people who don't like or sail carnival, come here to debase or otherwise post derogatory comments to the line... just because they 'can'... (this is not pointed to you, lou, there are plenty of people that do that). i really don't understand that.