To Celebrity Cruises.."official"

midwestchick

This is a regular problem. It works for awhile and then stops again. Right now I can't sign up for our January cruise. Figure if I don't get signed up I will go to guest services and find out the time & location.

With almost a year until your cruise it might be too early.

This is a regular problem. It works for awhile and then stops again. Right now I can't sign up for our January cruise. Figure if I don't get signed up I will go to guest services and find out the time & location.

With almost a year until your cruise it might be too early.

It's not too early. The cruise right before ours was able to sign up for the Connections party. (And that was a month ago.)

If folks can't sign up, then guest services will have NO time or location for you, since without at least 25 sign-ups BEFORE your cruise, there will be NO CONNECTIONS PARTY.

I have tried calling Celebrity NUMEROUS times, and I keep getting "It will be fixed in two days", or "It will be fixed in a week". I emailed numerous times with absolutely NO responses.

That was started more than month ago, and NOTHING has been done.

It's ridiculous that Celebrity can't get their act together. It isn't giving anyone a good first impression of their company. I was a loyal NCL cruiser, and I am second-guessing myself for trying Celebrity.

(Their website issues are NUMEROUS. My reservation has said "ON 24 HOUR HOLD" for a month now. I paid the full deposit more than a month ago.)

It's absurd.

Edited by DinaS

It's not too early. The cruise right before ours was able to sign up for the Connections party. (And that was a month ago.)

If folks can't sign up, then guest services will have NO time or location for you, since without at least 25 sign-ups BEFORE your cruise, there will be NO CONNECTIONS PARTY.

I have tried calling Celebrity NUMEROUS times, and I keep getting "It will be fixed in two days", or "It will be fixed in a week". I emailed numerous times with absolutely NO responses.

That was started more than month ago, and NOTHING has been done.

It's ridiculous that Celebrity can't get their act together. It isn't giving anyone a good first impression of their company. I was a loyal NCL cruiser, and I am second-guessing myself for trying Celebrity.

(Their website issues are NUMEROUS. My reservation has said "ON 24 HOUR HOLD" for a month now. I paid the full deposit more than a month ago.)

It's absurd.

Was this just a general rant or did something in my response offend you???

What?

First of all, I was simply quoting your response to the original post because I know for a fact (from Celebrity) that it isn't too early.

Second of all, I was told that if there are not 25 people signed up for the connections party, there will be NO connections party, another fact from Celebrity. (Once you get on the ship, if at least 25 folks have not been able to register or sign up, there will be no party to go to.)

As for your response offending me - why on earth would you think that?

My response (or rant as you called it) was a direct response to the entire reason for this thread being started.

It was completely on topic :)

DINAS is on the same Roll Call as I for our May 2015 Bermuda Cruise... She has kindly taken on the job of being one of the Organizers

(I get her frustration... Especially when as she said there are those ahead & behind our sailing who are able to use the Celebrity Website to sign up. And the lack of apparent help / caring from Celebrity & that dang IT Group... But again)

I am guessing your "it might be too early"

Was just too much for her, in light of her ongoing pursuit (which is greatly appreciated by our Roll Call) and hence the rant

Knowing DINAS from the Roll Call, I don't believe it was personal (she really is a nice gal :D )

Cheers!

Edited by Sloop-JohnB

Was able to sign up just now.

I just tried our sailing date, and still unable to sign up. Still getting the same message:

"The booking entered could not be retrieved. Please check your entries."

Oh well.

DINAS is on the same Roll Call as I for our May 2015 Bermuda Cruise... She has kindly taken on the job of being one of the Organizers

(I get her frustration... Especially when as she said there are those ahead & behind our sailing who are able to use the Celebrity Website to sign up. And the lack of apparent help / caring from Celebrity & that dang IT Group... But again)

Was just too much for her, in light of her ongoing pursuit (which is greatly appreciated by our Roll Call) and hence the rant

Knowing DINAS from the Roll Call, I don't believe it was personal (she really is a nice gal :D )

Cheers!

Thanks Sloop-JohnB :)

It really is just frustration. It truly takes a lot to get me this frustrated.

Seeing that so many other people are having the same issues, and no one from Celebrity cares enough to fix this issue, is just a little hard to swallow.

I have emailed no less than three times, and spent no less than 40 minutes on the phone with Celebrity (two phone calls to actual people) to resolve this issue to no avail.

I know you and others have said that Celebrity's awful website and horrible land-based customer service is NO indication of the quality of their fleet and experience onboard, but I am still having a hard time with that.

I am (and have been) in the Customer Service industry for most of my work-life, and if I or ANY of my employees treated customers the way Celebrity is treating their customers, I would warn them once, and fire them the second time they allow a customer to get off the phone unsatisfied.

I will try and ignore this issue - at least until January.

Hopefully they will get their act together and correct this issue by then.

And don't waste time asking the Celebrity official. He/she/they will comment on matters of general importance but rarely to individual queries. Which I think is sensible.

This is no longer an "individual query". MANY people have posted about this continuing issue over the past month or so.

It IS of "general importance" and affects EVERYONE who is trying to register for their connections party but cannot.

And FYI - They absolutely DO respond to individual queries - such as someone last week getting clothing damaged by cleaner dripping on the outside of the ship. They posted on here, and someone from Celebrity posted on their thread saying to contact them.

Edited by DinaS

This is no longer an "individual query". MANY people have posted about this continuing issue over the past month or so.

It IS of "general importance" and affects EVERYONE who is trying to register for their connections party but cannot.

DinaS -- I agree! When I suggested on an earlier thread that perhaps X was starting to "phase out" the Connections Parties, "Celebrity Cruises" responded, saying that X was not doing that, and the sign-up problems would be fixed. Well, I have yet to hear from anyone on our r/c that they have been able to successfully sign up for the May 24th Summit Cruise Connections Party. I'm still getting the "invalid sail date", when I try.

Since there are so many of us affected by this, maybe it's time for a good old-fashioned letter/e-mail campaign to Corporate. :cool:

And don't waste time asking the Celebrity official. He/she/they will comment on matters of general importance but rarely to individual queries. Which I think is sensible.

Hi all,

We're aware of this issue. We're currently looking to see when this might be fixed. Apologies that we don't have more information at this time.

Cheers!

Thanks for the background, puts things in perspective. When I posted DINAS had not posted and my response was to the OP whose cruise is 11 months away.

It all good!

Thanks for the background, puts things in perspective. When I posted DINAS had not posted and my response was to the OP whose cruise is 11 months away.

It all good!

Just an FYI... folks have been able to register for their connections parties a year out :)

It all good!

Understood.

Timing on the forum can be like that sometimes.

For example, when I started my Reply # 8 I was following on the comments made up until Post # 6

In the meantime DINAS was drafting as well.

So my reply ended up going up after hers (#7) and yet I never saw hers before I drafted mine & it ultimately loaded

As you say all is good now

And looking up as CC Member CELEBRITY CRUISES has now actually seen this topic

Hopefully a fix is in the works finally

Cheers!

Edited by Sloop-JohnB

It all good!

Yup. It's ALL good.

No matter how frustrating this is, I am counting the days (ok, maybe months) until our cruise.

:D

• 2 weeks later...

It is now another two weeks since Celebrity was made aware of MANY customers who cannot register for their connections party, and clearly nothing has been done.

I try every few days, and just tried again a few minutes ago.

This is way beyond frustrating now. Their IT department should have fixed this months ago when they were first made aware of the problem.

(And to make matters worse, my fully deposited reservation STILL says "On 24 hour hold".)

This is absurd. You would think this kind of thing happens with a little fly-by-night company - not a major cruise line.

Hi all,

We're being told that this should be fixed by next week. We'll post again once the issue has been resolved.

It's nice to finally have an actual time frame for this fix.

Thank you.

We are unable to sign up for the February 8 2015 cruise as well I have made several calls to Captains Club and was informed theywould report the problem to their IT department. This has been going on for months now. The message keeps coming up as an invalid sail date. Please Celebrity get it fix so we can have our meet and greet.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Unable to sign up for Summit, Sept. 6, 2015. The "search for a party" side opens with a statement in red saying sail date/ship are invalid. (This is before anything has been selected.)

When we input our reservation #, ship, and sail date, our names and e-mail come up. We check the names and submit, then another sign-up page comes up over and over with never a confirmation of registration.