AeroMexico

BlackJack2

Looking at May 2015 flights from San Antonio, TX to Lima, Peru, changing planes in Mexico City. AeroMexico has the cheapest flights, but my travel agent says that AeroMexico is not a good airline. Has anyone flown with AeroMexico? What were your experiences with AeroMexico and with changing planes in Mexico City? Thanks!

AM is fine (in 2009) but the FAs disappear after meal service. 737 upfront is like domestic FC in the U.S. If you can get a widebody to Lima, you'd be travelling in comfort. Changing flights in MEX is a PITA like the U.S. as it requires immigration and customs clearance. You may be able to get business class on Delta for a few hundred dollars more than the back of the bus (LIM-YVR OW on DL is $1,050 in business class, $810 in the back of the bus)

Edited by cruising cockroach

Depending on your date of travel, business class on DL for your route is $1,800 RT A/I up front, $1,100 in the back.

Did AM JFK-MEX-EZE-MEX-YYZ 5 years ago upfront for $900 That was a bargain other than for the fact that I had to buy and fly YVR-YYZ-JFK and YYZ-YVR.

Edited by cruising cockroach

Does LAN fly your route? They are absolutely fine and they have had some fairly good rates lately...so much so that we are considering using them to re-explore South America.

The last time I flew AeroMexico was on an L1011 with goats and chickens in the aft cabin FOR REAL.....but that was back in the dark ages. Can't help you with the NEW AeroMexico.

Does LAN fly your route? They are absolutely fine and they have had some fairly good rates lately...so much so that we are considering using them to re-explore South America.

The last time I flew AeroMexico was on an L1011 with goats and chickens in the aft cabin FOR REAL.....but that was back in the dark ages. Can't help you with the NEW AeroMexico.

I'd also recommend you avoid MEX. They have begun planning a new airport but it will be completed in the mid 2020's.

We have flown AM various times. Not only in Mexico but also on longer flights to e.g. New York. Even on flights within Mexito they serve free drinks (incl. alcohol) on longer flights also a free meal.

It is a very nice airline, many new planes and nice crew. Our flights were always on time, never had problems with luggage.

I have no idea why your travel agent says it is no good, we enjoy flying them.

AM is member of skyteam with airlines like Air France, KLM etc.

We've flown AeroMexico a couple of times and changed planes in Mexico City. Everything was fine. At the Mexico City airport, I was once patted down by a female (I'm female) and she apologized profusely over and over for doing so. The airplane was clean, service was excellent. No complaints from me. Would fly with them again.

AeroMexico never operated the L1011...maybe it was a DC-10?