Labadee Cabana's

Beerrocket

We will be cruising in March 2015 to Labadee, online the Cabanas are sold out, we called RCL, they told us to check onboard if any would open up...Is this likely that there may be some that open up or is there any other way to get one?

If you are in a Grand Suite or better, you can contact the Concierge on board and request a cabana.

They typically hold some of the Nellies Beach cabanas for on board booking. Check with the Shore Excursions desk after you board to see what might be available.

The Barefoot Beach cabanas are for suite guests and as Bob indicated the Concierge Lounge Concierge can assist with reserving one for you.

Keep checking the excursion website. Sometimes, people cancel a reservation and a cabana opens up on short notice. You have to be ready to grab it because they are usually all booked before the cruise begins.

In our experience they do hold some back for on board booking. We have been able to do that for Nellies when the on line bookings were no longer available.

We will be cruising in March 2015 to Labadee, online the Cabanas are sold out, we called RCL, they told us to check onboard if any would open up...Is this likely that there may be some that open up or is there any other way to get one?

I'm watching for the same reason except we will be there in late April. I have read reviews by some people saying some opened up and maybe less reviews saying none did. Certainly worth asking. Since we have a sea day on teh way to Labadee, I might wait till then to ask. I have going anywhere near Guest Services on boarding day. Or would this be the Explorations desk?

does anyone have any idea when booking for the Nellie's cabanas open up? I booked a cruise for Dec of 2015 and it doesn't show any available, so I'm assuming I'm just too early.

There's no set time. I've read here that people have sometimes booked them a year in advance, so I'd keep checking the website daily.

I'm watching for the same reason except we will be there in late April. I have read reviews by some people saying some opened up and maybe less reviews saying none did. Certainly worth asking. Since we have a sea day on teh way to Labadee, I might wait till then to ask. I have going anywhere near Guest Services on boarding day. Or would this be the Explorations desk?

I was able to reserve one (Nellie's) this past May for next May on the Independence.

does anyone have any idea when booking for the Nellie's cabanas open up? I booked a cruise for Dec of 2015 and it doesn't show any available, so I'm assuming I'm just too early.

They may be already sold out. I believe on our upcoming cruise the cabanas sold out almost a year & a half in advance.

Cabanas at Labadee are one of those things that if you think you're going to want one, you need to get it as early as possible. As Jobeth66 pointed out, the over-the-water cabanas ended up getting sold out for our cruise well in advance. The last one was reserved, according to what I saw, ten months in advance (in last December for our cruise next month). I think that beach or hillside cabanas may have still been available then.

I reserved our over-the-water cabana 17 months in advance, just to make sure I'd get one, rather than waiting and potentially forgetting about it. :)

Previously we booked a year in advance, but for our next cruise they haven't even opened them up for booking. We've called and emailed. We've been told they are definitely not sold out, but that they can't say for sure when they will release them for booking. They hint at 90 days.

It has turned me into an obsessive, checking every day to see if they are available! Why can't they just be open for booking at all times - first come first served.

Previously we booked a year in advance, but for our next cruise they haven't even opened them up for booking. We've called and emailed. We've been told they are definitely not sold out, but that they can't say for sure when they will release them for booking. They hint at 90 days.

It has turned me into an obsessive, checking every day to see if they are available! Why can't they just be open for booking at all times - first come first served.

Wow, that would be terrible!! will have to check on it regularly for 12 months still

We are sailing March and I just happened to check the day they opened for booking back in May. I think we were lucky as I didn't really expect them to open up that soon. There really doesn't seem to be any rhyme or reason to when they do open. I just looked and there are still hillside open.

We are traveling with a group and we are all in above grand suites. We booked three on Nellie's, but if we are able to snag two on Barefoot we will and then cancel the Nellie's. So as stated, keep checking back because people do cancel.

Three years ago we booked two on Barefoot, but never got the advance Email. I just went to the concierge first thing when we got onboard and booked two.

Alternatively, you can not drive yourself crazy and just check when you get on board. Yes, there is a risk that you won't get a cabana, but the same is true for camping out on your computer 24/7 until your sail date. Having just done a cabana (using the check on board method on Allure), they are very nice and I would choose to do one again. But if I had to give something up on a cruise, it would be at the top of the list. I'm not sure a cabana is really worth months of anxiety and hassle.

We are sailing March and I just happened to check the day they opened for booking back in May. I think we were lucky as I didn't really expect them to open up that soon. There really doesn't seem to be any rhyme or reason to when they do open. I just looked and there are still hillside open.

We are traveling with a group and we are all in above grand suites. We booked three on Nellie's, but if we are able to snag two on Barefoot we will and then cancel the Nellie's. So as stated, keep checking back because people do cancel.

Three years ago we booked two on Barefoot, but never got the advance Email. I just went to the concierge first thing when we got onboard and booked two.

If your all GS and above - why not e mail the concierge to get on Barefoot?

If you are in a Grand Suite or better, you can contact the Concierge on board and request a cabana.

Hi,

Do you know if this can be done prior to the cruise? I just spoke with someone from RCCI and they said I needed to hear from the on board concierge via email about a week out from the cruise. Yet, I could swear I read somewhere here on CC that there were email addresses we could use to contact them . I'll be on the 10/23/14 sailing on the Explorer of the Seas. Thanks in advance for any info you can share.

Kathy

Hi,

Do you know if this can be done prior to the cruise? I just spoke with someone from RCCI and they said I needed to hear from the on board concierge via email about a week out from the cruise. Yet, I could swear I read somewhere here on CC that there were email addresses we could use to contact them . I'll be on the 10/23/14 sailing on the Explorer of the Seas. Thanks in advance for any info you can share.

Kathy

You can find the Concierge email addresses in this document:

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1hKBiGZ9Gqcp2G2owtX3RyQy7yQ0ijgxCL0nPjQKK8j4/edit?pli=1#gid=0

Sorry, I didn't check. Try [noparse]EX_Concierge@rccl.com[/noparse].

Clarea,

Thanks so much for your help. I just received a response to my email request and was able to reserve the last over the water cabana on Barefoot Beach. Makes me think that if I had just listened to the RCCI rep and waited to hear from the on board concierge next month I might have been out of luck.

Thanks again,

Kathy

Clarea,

Thanks so much for your help. I just received a response to my email request and was able to reserve the last over the water cabana on Barefoot Beach. Makes me think that if I had just listened to the RCCI rep and waited to hear from the on board concierge next month I might have been out of luck.

Thanks again,

Kathy

Glad it worked out!:)