Premium Wine List

JColquhoun

Any wine listed at $13 or less is included in the premium package. over $13 and you pay the difference.

Wine menus and availability are subject to change at any time and may not be the same across the fleet.

Sent from my iPhone 6 Plus on the T-Mobile 4G LTE Network using Tapatalk Pro

Any wine listed at $13 or less is included in the premium package. over $13 and you pay the difference.

Wine menus and availability are subject to change at any time and may not be the same across the fleet.

Ok Thanks. I was just wondering if it was more CA wines or European Wines.

Ok Thanks. I was just wondering if it was more CA wines or European Wines.

I just returned from 16 days on the Constellation having the premium package and found a good mix of wines and regions available within the package.

The problem I have is that Celebrity keeps raising the price of the wines w/o increasing the Premium beverage cap.

I only have a problem at the specialty restaurants, but the wine I prefer was free in Feb - April but is now several dollars a glass over the limit. I know we only pay the difference, but they should raise the limit when they raise the onboard prices across the board.

One of the Sommelier's on the Reflection said that every time he comes back from vacation the prices are higher:(

I sent an email to the contact Michael email address suggesting that they do like the Classic package and have a higher limit for wine than for mixed drinks.

We will see if the raise the limit in the next few months:confused:

Here's two prior threads that have info on what was available last May. Selection changes a little over time but these should be pretty representative of what you'll find:

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showpost.php?p=42766126&postcount=7

Note that the following list was from a UK sailing out of Southampton so the prices and limits have both been adjusted upwards to include the gratuity in the menu price: http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?p=44321241&

I believe both of these lists are from the Main Dining room. You'll find a more limited selection in most bars and lounges on board.

Edited by Lsimon

The problem I have is that Celebrity keeps raising the price of the wines w/o increasing the Premium beverage cap.

I only have a problem at the specialty restaurants, but the wine I prefer was free in Feb - April but is now several dollars a glass over the limit. I know we only pay the difference, but they should raise the limit when they raise the onboard prices across the board.

One of the Sommelier's on the Reflection said that every time he comes back from vacation the prices are higher:(

I sent an email to the contact Michael email address suggesting that they do like the Classic package and have a higher limit for wine than for mixed drinks.

We will see if the raise the limit in the next few months:confused:

I fully agree with this assertion. I used to drink Conundrum inside the package at $12 per glass. Now it is $14.50 a glass. I cannot justify paying the portion over $13 when I buy the whole bottle at a wine store for $19.

I fully agree with this assertion. I used to drink Conundrum inside the package at $12 per glass. Now it is $14.50 a glass. I cannot justify paying the portion over $13 when I buy the whole bottle at a wine store for $19.

Agreed. On sale now in PA for $19.

Agreed. On sale now in PA for $19.

Yes... that is where I live. But now I shop for my adult beverages in Delaware, where all things are cheaper. :)

Edited by vulcan1971

... I cannot justify paying the portion over $13 when I buy the whole bottle at a wine store for $19....

Since when does the price of wine on board, or in any restaurant, bar or resort, have anything to do with the retail store price?

It is always customary for wine in such establishments to run 2x to 5x the retail price depending on the nature of the establishment and their volume cost for the wine.

Since when does the price of wine on board, or in any restaurant, bar or resort, have anything to do with the retail store price?

It is always customary for wine in such establishments to run 2x to 5x the retail price depending on the nature of the establishment and their volume cost for the wine.

No offense to you and your comment. Not sure what point you are trying to make (to me) with your comment and quoting my post. :confused:

I eat out (a lot) on land, when traveling (work or pleasure) and at sea. I also used to work in the food & beverage industry at one time (years ago). You are not telling me anything I don't already know (and expect). I am fully aware of the markup on land (and sea).

HOWEVER, I was adding to the sentiment expressed by TommyD3 when he made his comment about the the package limits NOT being increased when the cost of bottles and glasses of specific wines WERE increased.

I think that is WRONG, and Celebrity should hear this feedback.

Some Celebrity cruisers are very knowledgeable about the products being offered and sold and at what price. I was "editorializing" about how I can't bring myself to pay the price over $13 for a glass of Conundrum when I know it is so close to the whole bottle price (on land).

It used to be $12 per glass in NOV 2013 (and covered by the premium package).

Here's two prior threads that have info on what was available last May. Selection changes a little over time but these should be pretty representative of what you'll find:

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showpost.php?p=42766126&postcount=7

Note that the following list was from a UK sailing out of Southampton so the prices and limits have both been adjusted upwards to include the gratuity in the menu price: http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?p=44321241&

I believe both of these lists are from the Main Dining room. You'll find a more limited selection in most bars and lounges on board.

Thank you for your list. I guess even if I have the P. Package it looks like I will be paying Out of packet for glass.

No offense to you and your comment. Not sure what point you are trying to make (to me) with your comment and quoting my post. :confused:

I eat out (a lot) on land, when traveling (work or pleasure) and at sea. I also used to work in the food & beverage industry at one time (years ago). You are not telling me anything I don't already know (and expect). I am fully aware of the markup on land (and sea).

HOWEVER, I was adding to the sentiment expressed by TommyD3 when he made his comment about the the package limits NOT being increased when the cost of bottles and glasses of specific wines WERE increased.

I think that is WRONG, and Celebrity should hear this feedback.

Some Celebrity cruisers are very knowledgeable about the products being offered and sold and at what price. I was "editorializing" about how I can't bring myself to pay the price over $13 for a glass of Conundrum when I know it is so close to the whole bottle price (on land).

It used to be $12 per glass in NOV 2013 (and covered by the premium package).

I have absolutely no problem paying $1.50 for a glass of Conundrum:D

The selection of wines by the glass in the Premium Package is now poor . ( no pun intended ) . I expect many like me look at the list and wonder how Celebrity can seriously call this list Premium , especially when they price anything reasonable above the $13 limit now .:mad:

Just last year we were able to drink several wines now excluded - Conundrum, Dry Creek Zinfandel etc and Now Celebrity require us to sign for the additional.

I think this is an area where Celebrity have dropped the ball. Its sad when you try and match the selection offered in the MDR and Specialty Restaurants with your dinner.

Its a miracle that Domain Chandon remains in the Premium Package - I wonder for how long :eek:

I have absolutely no problem paying $1.50 for a glass of Conundrum:D

Good for you . However , You arent paying $1.50 for a glass of Conundrum . You are paying $1.50 EXTRA.

This is also why Celebrity do what they do - people dont mind having things moved higher or above a set price point - they just accept it and pay more.:rolleyes:

Good for you . However , You arent paying $1.50 for a glass of Conundrum . You are paying $1.50 EXTRA.

This is also why Celebrity do what they do - people dont mind having things moved higher or above a set price point - they just accept it and pay more.:rolleyes:

Ok thanks all for the replys

And I will be paying $6.5 extra for each glass of Grgich Hills plus the $ 10 for the upgrade. :eek:

I like Conundrum. I don't care if I have to pay $1,50 more. I used to have to pay the full price. It's a holiday and we don't count pennies or deprive ourselves (within reason/budget) Still lots of nice wines under $13 if you are so inclined. Didn't they change the prices/limits a long time ago?

• 4 weeks later...

The beverage packages need help. We like wine and conundrum is a fav. We got the classic free on a promo last time, this next cruise as well. Last time we upgraded to premium and still paid out of pocket... thinking this time we may stick with the free classic and just pay the difference.

The beverage packages need help. We like wine and conundrum is a fav. We got the classic free on a promo last time, this next cruise as well. Last time we upgraded to premium and still paid out of pocket... thinking this time we may stick with the free classic and just pay the difference.

You can only pay the difference for wines not covered by the package if you have the Premium Beverage package. If you have the Classic package and want something not covered by it, you have to pay the full price.

Its a miracle that Domain Chandon remains in the Premium Package - I wonder for how long :eek:

We are just off Solstice and Domaine Chandon was no longer under the premium package limit. The only sparking I saw under the limit was a Prosecco which by all accounts was horrible - I heard enough bad comments from friends onboard not to bother trying it myself. They had DC and from memory it was around $20 per glass (including the 15% gratuity as they do when the ship is in Australia).

R u sure? Bc this sept we were told different but we had already upgraded at that point.

Yes, this is definitely correct. We dined with friends in Tuscan Grille and I ordered the wine. I forgot they didn't upgrade to the premium package and they had quite a hefty drinks bill at the end of the meal as the wine was $14 per glass (i took care of it ;) )

I agree with other posters that there are far fewer wines now included in the premium package than there were 2 years ago and I feel their current by-the-glass prices are excessive. On the other hand though - with cruise I just completed last week, the cruise fare was the lowest per day cost in a 1A balcony that I can ever remember paying (just over $100 pppd including the classic beverage package and booked 10 months out), so they have to make up the extra revenue onboard.

Overall I'm still a very happy Celebrity cruiser :D

Cheers

Ando

Edited by Ando