I wish I would have brought that with me

rlthng

Looking for tips of what to pack for an upcoming cruise that would be good to bring but I might not think to bring. For example highlighter or towel clips for chairs. I know all you seasoned cruisers must have items you bring that the newbies would never think to bring but would really come in handy. Thanks so much for the upcoming tips! :)

Small LED candles to act as a nightlight. Put one in the bathroom and one on the desk, turn on at night. Nightlight without taking up an outlet and without leaving the bathroom light on (mostly helpful if you have an interior cabin)

Hooks with clips from the dollar store

Shower Cap. My cabin attendant had a really hard time trying to find me one on my first Explorer cruise.

Also Zip lock bags, to keep some extra cookies, fruit, or whatever for snacks in the cabin.

Edited by gaylemh

Small air fresh spray (Bath & Body works)The bathrooms do not have exhaust fans.

I also bring the cheap Gel air fresh for the cabin (87 cents @ Walmart)

Small pump hand soap (anti-bacterial) for bathroom. The little bar of soap they provide is not enough for me.

Ziplock bags (assorted sizes) good for many things like wet bathing suits, or cookies from the Windjammer at snack time.

Edited by SueW

Small LED candles to act as a nightlight. Put one in the bathroom and one on the desk, turn on at night. Nightlight without taking up an outlet and without leaving the bathroom light on (mostly helpful if you have an interior cabin)

Hooks with clips from the dollar store

Great tips!

Are there really no outlets in the bathroom on Jewel? How many outlets in the cabin are there? This will be my first cruise on Jewel and I don't remember from my cruises on other ships. Thanks

I just noticed my thread has been moved. Does anyone know why? I'm not very familiar with boards and forums. How will I find it now? I posted it on the RCI site as we are traveling on the Allure. Thanks. Sorry for the crazy question. :confused:

Edited by rlthng
spelling error

I just noticed my thread has been moved. Does anyone know why? I'm not very familiar with boards and forums. How will I find it now? I posted it on the RCI site as we are traveling on the Allure. Thanks. Sorry for the crazy question. :confused:

It was moved here:

Cruise Critic Message Board Forums > Cruise Discussion Topics > Ask a Cruise Question

CC tries to keep things neat and tidy. Since this isn't specific to Royal Caribbean, they put it somewhere where everyone can read/reply

Mosquito spray: I took it out of my bag last time to save space, not doing that again! It's going to go right next to the sunscreen!

Aloe: Despite packing plenty of sunscreen, there are still instances where someone gets burned or maybe you miss a spot or two. We had to buy a bottle on the ship and I think it was ~$15...ouch.

Sunhat! -this might be more for women, but once I see people in those big floppy sunhats, I always want one. I love wearing them all around ports and on the ship.

Waterbottle: I'm going to try to remember to bring one this cruise. I never drink enough water on cruises with all the sun and running around. And there's been a couple times where we've gotten into the bottled water in the minibar which adds up $$$. Going to try to find a nice big insulated water bottle and see how that works out!

Wine: we just found out about this on our last Carnival cruise and double-checked and sure enough, Royal Caribbean allows it too! You can bring 2 bottles of wine onboard per cabin. You can't take it into restaurants without being charged a corkage fee but it's luxurious enough sipping some of our favorite wine on the balcony or while getting ready for dinner. I love being able to bring my favorite wine, too, I'm pretty picky. Can't imagine not doing this if you're allowed to! It's a pain packing it into checked luggage at the airport and it takes up quite a bit of room in the suitcase but it's worth it. Just another way we like to save money on a cruise, too. We're not big drinkers so a bottle or two supplemented with some drink-of-the-days and frozen pina coladas by the pool is plenty for us!

Socks! I forgot to take them on one cruise.

Seriously, though, take any OTC medicines you might need. Nothing worse than needing, say, cold medicine in the middle of the night or when the gift shop is closed.

From memory, Jewel (and many RCCL ships) have just one plug in the bathroom. It is on the ceiling and designed for shavers. Sometimes hard to put in like hair dryers with the large breaker box on them. Most use small multiplugs plugged in by the mirror desk.

Baggies of all sizes are always handy.

We take packaged crackers on excursions for quick snacks, but also for queasiness or headache.

We still use clear over-the-door shoe holders. While ships these days have more storage nooks, it is nice to be able to SEE everything as you walk out the cabin.

Binoculars, esp if in a balcony.

Many other packing list threads here on CC. They are good exhaustive lists - but just pick out key things that may be relevant to you or your cruise. Rarely a need for all the what-ifs that people pack for.

Power strip to charge your multiple electronic "toys".:D

I read on another thread that a regular or travel power strip with a cord might be confiscated. I understand that a surge protector type is impotant for those "toys. Of course I had just bought one on ebay for $10 so I then bought a small surge protector with 3 outlets at Walmart for $4.88. I can't win! lol

Edited by CruisanSusan

I read on another thread that a regular or travel power strip with a cord might be confiscated. I understand that a surge protector type is impotant for those "toys. Of course I had just bought one on ebay for $10 so I then bought a small surge protector with 3 outlets at Walmart for $4.88. I can't win! lol

As I, and others have posted on another thread, I've never had a power strip confiscated. Also a decent, but not necessarily expensive, power strip will have a surge protector built in.

Edited by Treven

As I, and others have posted on another thread, I've never had a power strip confiscated. Also a decent, but not necessarily expensive, power strip will have a surge protector built in.

Thanks Trevan..your info was helpful. I'll take the chance then because I like the $10 one better. It has 3 outlets and 2 usb ports. I'll take the little one also, because I understand that if the larger one IS taken, I can get it back at the end of the cruise.

I appreciate you telling me where it is. I just don't know how to find it. Can you help? Where do I type it in? I know how to find the RCI board and the roll call for our trip but I don't know how to look up these other feeds. Any help appreciated. I really feel like an idiot admitting this to the world. :rolleyes:

It was moved here:

Cruise Critic Message Board Forums > Cruise Discussion Topics > Ask a Cruise Question

CC tries to keep things neat and tidy. Since this isn't specific to Royal Caribbean, they put it somewhere where everyone can read/reply

I appreciate you telling me where it is. I just don't know how to find it. Can you help? Where do I type it in? I know how to find the RCI board and the roll call for our trip but I don't know how to look up these other feeds. Any help appreciated. I really feel like an idiot admitting this to the world. :rolleyes:

At the top of any forum page click on "Cruise Critic Message Board Forums". You will see it in red near the top of this picture.

imagejpg1_zps6bb03d20.jpg

That will take you to a list of all forums divided by categories. Scroll down and you will see "Cruise Discussion Topics". "Ask A Cruise Question" is one of the forums.

50e728fa-31a6-4efa-80f2-12375e45dc39_zpsec04dd8a.jpg

It took me a number of months to be able to navigate through Cruise Critic. I have all the forums I go to frequently bookmarked.

Thank you so much. I finally did it! You're the best! :D

At the top of any forum page click on "Cruise Critic Message Board Forums". You will see it in red near the top of this picture.

imagejpg1_zps6bb03d20.jpg

That will take you to a list of all forums divided by categories. Scroll down and you will see "Cruise Discussion Topics". "Ask A Cruise Question" is one of the forums.

50e728fa-31a6-4efa-80f2-12375e45dc39_zpsec04dd8a.jpg

It took me a number of months to be able to navigate through Cruise Critic. I have all the forums I go to frequently bookmarked.