Kayak.com

dyanna72

I was looking to make reservation for a flight in Feb of 2006 on Delta thru Kayak's website. The rate Kayak showed me was $200 cheaper than the Delta site. How can I book this Kayak rate if Delta does not recognize it? The Kayak website instantly directs you to Delta for booking or One Travel for a few dollars more. Has anyone ever used One Travel? Any help would be greatful.

Dyanna

Kayak uses the ITA interface. You MUST use EXACTLY the same flights, booking codes, etc. to get it to price out correctly. When Kayak transfers you to Delta, Delta is NOT picking the same flights or booking codes. It is not easy to use Kayak or ITA unless you have a lot of patience and time.

If you are unable to replicate the exact flights that you found on Kayak or itasoftware.com on the Delta website, then try Orbitz, Travelocity, or Expedia. You may end up paying a small handling fee, but you at least will be able to book the flights that you found through them.

• 10 years later...

i am surprised that OneTravel has not appeared on Cruise Critic. If you look on the internet, you will find nothing but complaints about this company which is also owned with CheapOair by Fareportal. I, unfortunately, unknowingly booked my flights with OneTravel, only to find out they take your money and tell you every flight had been booked, and charged you for "enhanced seat assignments". Come to find out, no seats had been assigned. This is the eleventh day since we booked, after numerous emails and phone calls, we still don't have seats on two legs of our trip. There are 5 of us, three are senior citizens. There were seats together when we started, but now only scattered single seats remain on most of the legs. A different person answers the phone each time, each time you get a different story. The only consistency is they assure you that within a short time things will be taken care of.

If you want to read horror stories by the innocent victims, just look under OneTravel.

i am surprised that OneTravel has not appeared on Cruise Critic. If you look on the internet, you will find nothing but complaints about this company which is also owned with CheapOair by FareportaL....

Congratulations. I think you have set a record for necroposting. This thread is over 10.5 years old. Perhaps consider calling the airline directly for seat assignments.

Edited by 6rugrats

Congratulations. I think you have set a record for necroposting. This thread is over 10.5 years old. Perhaps consider calling the airline directly for seat assignments.

I thought the same thing. LOL. Geez people - start a new thread instead of pulling up one that is probably obsolete in all the information on it. A lot happens in 10 years for any company or situation.

i am surprised that OneTravel has not appeared on Cruise Critic. If you look on the internet, you will find nothing but complaints about this company which is also owned with CheapOair by Fareportal. I, unfortunately, unknowingly booked my flights with OneTravel, only to find out they take your money and tell you every flight had been booked, and charged you for "enhanced seat assignments". Come to find out, no seats had been assigned. This is the eleventh day since we booked, after numerous emails and phone calls, we still don't have seats on two legs of our trip. There are 5 of us, three are senior citizens. There were seats together when we started, but now only scattered single seats remain on most of the legs. A different person answers the phone each time, each time you get a different story. The only consistency is they assure you that within a short time things will be taken care of.

If you want to read horror stories by the innocent victims, just look under OneTravel.

Well if you had done your due diligence before booking, hopefully you would have closed your browser window when you knew One Travel was associated with CheapOAir. You play with fire and you will get burned. You learned your lesson. Next time do your homework and due diligence or pay a travel agent to do it for you.

Well if you had done your due diligence before booking, hopefully you would have closed your browser window when you knew One Travel was associated with CheapOAir. You play with fire and you will get burned. You learned your lesson. Next time do your homework and due diligence or pay a travel agent to do it for you.
But let me guess....

IT WAS CHEAPER!!!

(what did Barnum say about birth rates?)