Arrival at Airport

MLP12

With all of the security issues, I was wondering how early is it recommended to be at the airport for check-in? We have at least a 2 1/2 drive and an early flight out. Thanks for any input.

Depends in large part on the individual airport.

I wish the TSA and Border Protection folks would stop playing politics with this issue.

How about laying off some managers? How about cutting salaries and benefits when government workers average double the salaries of comparable private sector workers?

Nah, they would never do that. Instead they make the traveling public suffer.

hi, you didnt mention what airport you are departing from, but i work at the atlanta airport and we start boarding our flights approx. 30-40 mins before departure. so i would say time your trip to the airport so that you are in the gatehouse 1 hour before your departure.

time to park the car 30 mins

time to check in and check luggage 30 mins

time to get through security 30 mins

get on the concourse get coffee and sit and wait for boarding without stressing.

leave as early as you possibly can.:)

For my local airport, if you are on the first flights of the day, it doesn't matter how far in advance you arrive as you aren't getting airside until security opens at 4:30am. So it really does depend on the airport and the time of your flight.

I work hard to be early for flights having traveled with people who are late to arrive. Made me a nervous wreck.

Depending on your departure airport, I would make every effort to walk in to the airport at least 2 hours before your flight's departure.

I have not experienced longer than usual TSA lines, but am prepared with how I dress and how I pack my carry on bag to get through as quickly as possible.

How about cutting salaries and benefits when government workers average double the salaries of comparable private sector workers?

Not sure where your getting that information.

I quit my Government GS 11 position so I could go out and make real money. Same job starting at 25% more. Better benefits, better medical, better retirement plus pension, cut in vacation time, cut in holidays.

How about laying off some managers? How about cutting salaries and benefits when government workers average double the salaries of comparable private sector workers?

Your are so off base with your across the board statement and it is totally offensive to me and I'm sure to many of the hard working federal workers on this board. As the wife of a government employee and friends of many, I KNOW that is not true. We settled for a lower income because my husband liked being on the side of the general public and the "good guys"- he was a food safety inspector with FDA. You can thank him for safer orange juice and apple cider specifically.

Archived