Just off the Equinox yesterday 7/23

Taylor D

Just a few things from our cruise on the Equinox 7/16 to 7/23

First time on the ship and loved the Equinox, The MDR was good loved all our waiters and the service was top notch.

It's the only time of the year our jobs allow us to get away so there were kids, kids and more kids but that's what we get this time of year. Last year we were on the Connie in Europe and far less kids.

Sea Days not a chance of getting in the main pool and by noon with that many kids you don't want to get in anyway but we always found a chair a deck above the pool. We did go into the adult pool but it being indoors we laid in the sun.

It's a bit disappointing you have to pay at the Mass Grill but there plenty of other places to eat so not a deal breaker for us.

Loved Key West, Did not care for Costa Maya at all we had a very disappointing Celebrity Excursion that we did complain about and i think they should have comped it but got no where but that's the way it goes. Had the best day in Cozumel we did the Amazing Race, 15 teams we came in 6th and it was fun but very hot! and Grand Cayman was nice.

We booked a cruise for next year on the Reflection to Italy and Greece, I was hopping for a better deal and more perks but it was still worth booking. I am still looking at a NCL cruise but i really would like to stay with Celebrity.

Thank you for posting a review. Glad to hear you liked the MDR. Did you try any of the specialty restaurants? Take the galley or whole ship tour? Did the pool get quieter late afternoon?

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Thank you for posting a review. Glad to hear you liked the MDR. Did you try any of the specialty restaurants? Take the galley or whole ship tour? Did the pool get quieter late afternoon?

We only did the MDR and the food was very good just one night we did not think the selection was great but over all very good.

we did to the galley tour and found it very interesting.

On Sea Days the pool just got worse as the day went on, the water went from nice looking to cloudy and stay a way!! we did come back to the ship early on our Costa Maya day and went in the pool and it was great.

Thanks for the feedback. We enjoyed the all inclusive Maya Chan in Costa Maya. Would go back there anytime.:)

Wish we would have done your tour but the day was still fun back on the ship so live and learn i was still on vacation on a great ship.

Thanks for your comments - we'll be on Equinox in three weeks. I usually avoid summer in the Caribbean like the plague, but this year it was what worked for us. I have to stay out of the sun so the pool isn't a problem for us and we have a balcony - I think we can avoid the kids during the day. We've been to all of the ports many times and they are great for us because all we want to do is find a shady spot on the beach to relax and have a few drinks.

I'm glad to hear you enjoyed the MDR.

Thanks for your comments - we'll be on Equinox in three weeks. I usually avoid summer in the Caribbean like the plague, but this year it was what worked for us. I have to stay out of the sun so the pool isn't a problem for us and we have a balcony - I think we can avoid the kids during the day. We've been to all of the ports many times and they are great for us because all we want to do is find a shady spot on the beach to relax and have a few drinks.

I'm glad to hear you enjoyed the MDR.

The solarium was always nice and we could always get a chair and the pool there was fine,

Thanks for the review, what were the perks this time around for future cruises being booked on board

Thanks in advance

We booked onboard Equinox in June. Only perk was drink package and $150 OBC. We have since transferred our booking to another company and now have drinks, tips, and $425 OBC.

Very dissapointed with the Celebrity offers.

Thanks for the review, what were the perks this time around for future cruises being booked on board

Thanks in advance

We booked a cruise for July 20th leaving Rome a balcony cabin 1 perk and $ 200.00 OBC total for my wife and I . Last year we got 2 perks and $ 100.00 OBC total on the Connie out of Barcelona.

We booked onboard Equinox in June. Only perk was drink package and $150 OBC. We have since transferred our booking to another company and now have drinks, tips, and $425 OBC.

Sounds like transferring you got a pretty good deal. We were also disappointed in the offer but with our jobs it's the only cruise that would work for us. Last year i transferred our Europe cruise to a local agent and got nothing and this time my Son and his wife also booked the cruise from Rome so i need to look into a larger agent that can help us get more i just have never found the right one i guess, we do love the drink package and last year we got tips also and it was perfect now i feel a bit let down from Celebrity with one perk.

We are going next week on the same itinerary. Do you happen to remember which night the selection in the dining room wasn't as great? I have to travel in the summer (limited weeks) due to teaching summer school and the regular school year so I expect kids as well. However I know schools are going back starting as early as this week some places, and fall sports start now as well so maybe the kids will start to lessen as it is now August. It can't be worse than MSC or the Oasis/Allure the past few summers!

Thank you

We are going next week on the same itinerary. Do you happen to remember which night the selection in the dining room wasn't as great? I have to travel in the summer (limited weeks) due to teaching summer school and the regular school year so I expect kids as well. However I know schools are going back starting as early as this week some places, and fall sports start now as well so maybe the kids will start to lessen as it is now August. It can't be worse than MSC or the Oasis/Allure the past few summers!

I never thought about the school season starting early - maybe there will be fewer kids than I thought. That would be a nice surprise!

LynnVB

Would you mind sending me an email? I have an off board question for you,

Edfdorman at gmail dot com

Thank you