Portofino on Liberty??

Trying to book Portofinos on upcoming April cruise but planner doesn't show ANY restaurant available for booking other than Chops...has Portofinos begun construction change over to Giovanni's perhaps and this not open? Any recent cruisers verify? Thx!

Trying to book Portofinos on upcoming April cruise but planner doesn't show ANY restaurant available for booking other than Chops...has Portofinos begun construction change over to Giovanni's perhaps and this not open? Any recent cruisers verify? Thx!

Not sure when in April your cruise is, but we have Portofino on Liberty booked on Friday April 3rd.

dp

Perhaps, I just went over on the RCI website and during our April 2nd sailing, the only available options were 2 different Chops (one regular and one California wine pairing) and only on 2 nights left (First and third nights only).

I double checked and both our reservations are still there (Portofino on April 3rd (Night 2) and Chops on the 5th (night 4).

we had however booked these back on November 17th. Maybe they are just full, but from the rumblings on CC about specialty restaurants pricing and how they are usually only half full. Although I don't recall hearing of any pricing increases for Portofino, only Chops, perhaps Cruisers are chosing Portofino first because of the increasing price difference.

dp

I posted this same question a few days ago and got no responses. I am on the 16th sailing, and noticed a few days ago that Portifinos was no longer available as a choice.... I thought I was the only one getting this response! Even if it's not available, it usually still comes up as an option, but it is not..[emoji15]

I posted this same question a few days ago and got no responses. I am on the 16th sailing, and noticed a few days ago that Portifinos was no longer available as a choice.... I thought I was the only one getting this response! Even if it's not available, it usually still comes up as an option, but it is not..[emoji15]

I'm on the April 16th sailing also! I hope we can still book Portofinos, I was wondering the same thing.

Good catch.

I was hoping to get a last supper at Portofino on the 4/30/15

cruise. 4/30 is The last cruise for Liberty out of PE for a few years.

But, hey, BOGO first night at Chops.

After this cruise Liberty goes to NJ. It is a

2 day sail.... with no passengers.

My guess is yup... switching over the restaurant.

And maybe some new carpeting here and there.

:cool:

I think it will become Giovanni's when it goes to dry dock early 2016, it should be able to see it soon

I called RC this afternoon and was told, after rep checked with "someone else", that they could neither confirm or deny the changeover to Giovanni's lol. But that whatever/whichever it turns out to be on my 4/30 sailing I can surely just book onboard.....so we shall see!! I like them both, but really wanted one last chance to eat spendino de Mare there!! :)

Edited by txcowboy10

Good catch.

I was hoping to get a last supper at Portofino on the 4/30/15

cruise. 4/30 is The last cruise for Liberty out of PE for a few years.

But, hey, BOGO first night at Chops.

After this cruise Liberty goes to NJ. It is a

2 day sail.... with no passengers.

My guess is yup... switching over the restaurant.

And maybe some new carpeting here and there.

:cool:

Agreed, and changing over to Giovanni's on our 4/30 sailing, plus the 2 day non-rev repo to NJ afterwards would certainly allow them extra time to have new place ready to go ...we shall see! BOGO def at Chops too first night

Was told on our Oct 2014 cruise on Liberty that it was the last ship in the fleet with a Portofino restaurant and it was changing over to Giovannis, but they weren't sure when that would be. Looks like it will be when she relocates.

Freestyle soda machines instaled too?? I know it is not related. :)

There were no Freestyle machines last Oct. perhaps those who have sailed more recently can advise.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I just went to check on line if I could make another reservation for Portofino's and it is not there as an option. I already have 3 reservations at Portofino's but I can load my calendar now either to check!!:confused::confused:

Was told on our Oct 2014 cruise on Liberty that it was the last ship in the fleet with a Portofino restaurant and it was changing over to Giovannis, but they weren't sure when that would be. Looks like it will be when she relocates.

Hey Peter...good to chat with you again buddy! That's what I'm thinking too... Changeover starting on our sailing since it's right before relocate to NJ

I just went to check on line if I could make another reservation for Portofino's and it is not there as an option. I already have 3 reservations at Portofino's but I can load my calendar now either to check!!:confused::confused:

Might be a Giovanni's by then :). I really like their food too...esp the appetizers!

Hey Peter...good to chat with you again buddy! That's what I'm thinking too... Changeover starting on our sailing since it's right before relocate to NJ
Good to chat too my friend. Btw the change to Giovannis is no bad thing. The service and appetisers just as good as Portofinos IMHO.

Might be a Giovanni's by then :). I really like their food too...esp the appetizers!

I wouldn't mind if it went to Giovanni's table. I tried it on Allure 2years ago and enjoyed it. I'll be on the first deployment out of New Jersey on May 6. Can't wait

Good to chat too my friend. Btw the change to Giovannis is no bad thing. The service and appetisers just as good as Portofinos IMHO.

Oh we love Giovannis too Peter!! Best appetizers we've ever had on an RCI ship! :)

Edited by txcowboy10