Portofino on Liberty??

I'm good with either option! I'm sure one will be available for on board booking, as Portofino isn't avialble to book anymore for our April 11th sail date. Never been to Giovanni's, but that would be a huge bonus if it was there in time. After reading previous posts though, it sounds like it won't be.

Cruise planner is offering me Portofino's on April 30, May 2 and May 3. How do I get BOGO in Chops for the first night??

You can either book on board, and they will bill you for only one; or you can book in advance and they will credit your onboard account for one meal.

Just off Liberty today. We had night 2 (formal night ) in Portofino. It was topnotch. Flavio was our waiter and was super. He said that portofino will remain until the next dry dock. Then it will swing over to Giovanni's.

dp

Got our Portifinos booked as well for May 2nd. I enjoy both Portofinos and Giovanni's... While both Italan they were different as well as both have their strong points. The appetizers in Giovanni's are OUTSTANDING and I highly recommend trying several of them...but remember to leave room for main course! :) we will miss Portofinos when this last one gone at dry dock Jan 2016...end of a great restaurant on RCI ships for sure

Edited by txcowboy10

[quote name='dpostman']Just off Liberty today. We had night 2 (formal night ) in Portofino. It was topnotch...

dp[/QUOTE]

dpostman - Glad you found it good - wish I could say the same. We were there 2 weeks ago on Liberty and were both quite disappointed. I went with the recommendation - the filet - and found it to be just ok, cooked to order but mealy and somewhat chewy. My wife ordered the seafood skewer and found it lacking as well - particularly the salmon. In fact, we found seafood bad all week everywhere we had it (MDR, Windjammer, Chops and Portofino). To be fair, we didn't complain, as it wasn't awful. But just disappointing and not particularly well done. The table 2 over from ours complained at their meal and actually had it comped. That spawned conversation with the table between us and them, who also felt their meal was "meh". At 7:30 on the last evening of the cruise, there were only folks at 5 tables in that whole back section, and 3 weren't happy. Maybe a bad night, but I doubt I'd go back. Just my experience and my 2 cents.