Cabana rental

scooby girl

We've rented a cabana several times. Yes, it's worth it. My own opinion is to get one further down the beach, around 10 or 11. Closer in you run the risk of people trying to use your gear and shower - that happened to us with Cabana 5.

Loved our cabana!! We rented #9 which had the restrooms behind it, very handy and wasn't too far of a walk from the pirate bAr or lunch buffet. I had one boy start to grab my floatie from our cabana, but he brought it back when I yelled out "that's my floatie"! His dad apologized and I said no problem, but if you rent a cabana expect people to possibly "borrow" your stuff.

It was the best day ever!

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

A cabana is so worth it. I have done HMC with and without a cabana and I will always do my best to get a cabana. Just having a home base and being able to eat in your cabana and not in the sand or at the lunch area is great.

My DH was not a believer until I booked one against his protest. If HMC is a stop he immediately asks whether I booked a cabana.

The last time we had a cabana we all took a comfortable power nap in the shade.

You pick your cabana number when you board the ship. If you have your heart set on a particular number, you should board the ship as early as possible because it is on a first come, first serve basis.

Edited by Kingisacruiser

Definitely worth every single penny. We had one on our last trip and now have one reserved for our upcoming trip last month. Last time we had # 10 , which is far enough away from the worst of the crowd but still close enough to be a reasonable walk to everything. Bathrooms very close. HMC is one of the best , if not the best , stops you will make on a cruise and a cabana makes it that much better.

We have always had one when at HMC. Definitely worth it ! We've always gotten in the #5 - #7 range and love the location. People do try to borrow the blue floats and one time, we had someone just walk up and use the shower. It's great to have somewhere to put your things and makes for a very nice relaxing beach day. :)

How do I pick which # cabana ? Do I go to guest services when I board?

The number is given to you when you board. You will need to check in with the excursion desk. We like them as far down the beach as possible so we head there right after boarding.

We had cabana 12 and it was great. Not far from the bathroom. As soon as we got on the ship we went straight to Excursion desk to select our number. I recommend doing that right away if you want a cabin away from the major crowd. You will not be sorry you spent the money.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Maybe some of you can help. Has anyone rented a cabana at half moon cay? Is it worth the $220 ? If so, which cabana would you get? Thanks for any input...

A cabana is worth it at Half Moon Cay. It is interesting to note that while Carnival charges $229 per cabana for the day, Holland America charges $299 for the very same cabanas. So IMO, $229 is a bargain.

We had cabana #1, and we loved it...additional snacks, drinks, nice lounge chairs, A/C, snorkel gear, floating mats, ceiling fan!!! It was worth every penny! However the "path" from behind led to our cabana and people were walking through...no big deal as we quickly took care of this by taking a lounge chair from the beach and putting it across the path and blocked it off. I believe that cabana #1 is the wheelchair accessible one and that is why the path was there. We wanted to get one of the higher number cabanas, but when we boarded the ship, #1 was the last one available.

If you do a search, either on these boards or the web, you can find a map of the cabanas. Unless you are the loud music party type, you do not want one of the cabanas that are close to the pirate ship bar!

If the cabanas show sold out on the website for your cruise, go back a few times a day to see if someone cancels, that is how I was able to book ours!

Edited by micheecruise

We've had #13 and #8 and liked both locations, with an edge to #8. While it was a bit more crowded than 13, it was still a great location and convenient to bathrooms, food and bar. We didn't feel crowded at all. Love the cabanas and renting one is a must for us every time we visit.

I have only been to labadee, bot half moon cay, but I'd imagine they are similar. We loved the private island, and saw no need for a cabana. It's a beach day! Over $200 is a lot of money to lay on a beach! I'm sure they are lovely, but our vacation dollars are much better spent doing active excursions (scuba diving, zip lining, etc) we loved the private island becuase it was a great day and we spent almost no money, leaving more money for more exciting excursions other days!

And if you do get a cabana, please don't put a chair out blocking a public path to the beach like the other poster. You have rented a cabana, not the entire beach.

And if you do get a cabana, please don't put a chair out blocking a public path to the beach like the other poster. You have rented a cabana, not the entire beach.

We blocked the path that led into our cabana (did you actually read the entire post, or just take out what you felt you could bash?) because people were walking into our cabana! When two men came and stopped on our little porch and were chatting away without a care in the world, well that was when decided it might be a good idea to give people the idea that we didn't purchase the cabana for their personal use. ;)

Edited by micheecruise

We had cabana #10 2 weeks ago, and it was delightful. I'd say it's a "very very nice to have" but not a "need to have" thing. It was just my husband and I, and we got more snacks and beverages than we could eat. The loungers were very comfy. I would definitely book one again if it was in the budget but if it was entirely out of the budget, wouldn't be terribly sad. The location of cabana 10 was great; I'd choose any of them between 7 and 12 as my first choice.

On Embarkation day, go directly to the excursion desk as soon as you board, and there you will choose your cabana number as well as provide your beverage choices and sizes for snorkel gear (included), etc.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• 2 weeks later...
Is there anyway to lock things up in the cabana?

I don't remember any sort of security. We brought our stuff into the cabana and didn't have a problem when we went out to float, which was in front of our cabana. When we went to the BBQ area for lunch, we left our stuff. As we were walking back to our cabana, a boy was starting to drag one of our floatie mattresses to the water. I said, "hey that's our floatie!" And he brought it back. His dad apologized. That was the extent of items leaving our cabana.

Next time we rent a cabana, I will pull the floaties into the back of the cabana when we go to lunch. If it's not easy to grab, maybe someone would think twice taking it.

Edited by momonthego17

Is there anyway to lock things up in the cabana?

There are cabinets where you can keep your stuff out of view, but they don't lock.

We always take our floats off the railing as soon as we get to our cabana. MOST people respect the "Private Cabana" sign, and won't climb the stairs, but if you leave the floats on the railing, anyone just passing by can grab one if they wanted to.