Car Rental Shuttles at Port of Miami

2disneydads

Found this info in earlier threads:

National, Alamo, Thrifty & Enterprise have free shuttles to their MIA airport location, about 15 minutes once the shuttle is full.

Hertz has a free shuttle to its downtown Miami location, about 5 minutes.

Found this info in earlier threads:

National, Alamo, Thrifty & Enterprise have free shuttles to their MIA airport location, about 15 minutes once the shuttle is full.

Hertz has a free shuttle to its downtown Miami location, about 5 minutes.

Thank you very much!

Budget has a rental office that is 1.6 miles from the port. We went with them bBecause their rates were so much lower than the other big name companies, so we will pick up the car at Ft Lauderdale airport and return it the next day to the downtown Miami location and just take a taxi the 1.6 miles to port.

They have discount code Y937800 that is open to anyone and it gives some great rates, especially considering it allows one-way rentals as well as non-airport rentals.

Gina

• 1 year later...
Funny you should post this as I JUST used the code myself, again, a few minutes ago and was surprised to see that it still worked and gave great one-way rates :D.

See...The circle of help just goes round and round!

• 1 year later...

Anyone know which companies and locations have instant vehicle pickup once you get to the location?

We want to pop down to the Everglades and then make a 7 pm flight out of FLL. So we can't afford an hour on line at the rental office.

Edit: We have Emerald Club but I don't think there's a National office near the port.

Edited by toolworker

Anyone know which companies and locations have instant vehicle pickup once you get to the location?

We want to pop down to the Everglades and then make a 7 pm flight out of FLL. So we can't afford an hour on line at the rental office.

Edit: We have Emerald Club but I don't think there's a National office near the port.

National at the MIA airport has the Emerald Aisle and also offers a free shuttle from POM to the MIA airport car rental center (show the driver a print out of your reservation to board the shuttle bus).

Budget has a rental office that is 1.6 miles from the port. We went with them bBecause their rates were so much lower than the other big name companies, so we will pick up the car at Ft Lauderdale airport and return it the next day to the downtown Miami location and just take a taxi the 1.6 miles to port.

They have discount code Y937800 that is open to anyone and it gives some great rates, especially considering it allows one-way rentals as well as non-airport rentals.

Gina

Nice.

We're entertaining doing the drive down and back via rental (we can do it in the 1 day time frame) and not having to hassle with high hotel rates, POM parking and, most importantly cramming DW's numerous suitcases into our smaller trunk and back seat (2 door vehicle).

We have used both National and Hertz from Miami and recommend National over Hertz. Hertz had a small van shuttle to take you to a shady part of downtown. We waited in line outside around the corner of their office for over 2 hours before we were able to get a vehicle, along with 100 other people......not fun. National picked us up in a large air conditioned bus, took us to the airport, we picked the vehicle that we wanted and were out of there in 10 minutes. Using National again next week.

Thanks for the help! I made a reservation on National's 800 number, but they incorrectly said there was no shuttle service.

For the real scoop I called the National counter at the airport (305-423-2104, press 5, press 2).

Busses run Friday through Sunday (I think she said Monday too) from 7 am to 2:30 pm. There are three busses running continuously. It's 20 minutes one way without traffic. You need a copy of your reservation to board the bus.

With an Emerald Aisle reservation we'll be able to get off the bus and into the car without any lines.

Edited by toolworker

I've booked two one-way rentals through Budget for pre and post cruise trips from/to FLL to POM. Budget has an office very near the port. However, it has two different location codes. You have to make sure you book the location that has POM Shuttle in the location name. The shuttle runs every 20-30 minutes per the recording on the location's phone line. I also signed up for their FastBreak option so that I can skip the line at the counter on our return.

Just got back from a Disney cruise. The shuttle bus (not van) from National Alamo Enterprise is located where all the other shuttles are picking up passengers. It's hard to miss because it's a very crowded place, and police is there to control traffic. Just show your reservation to the driver, and it's a free and quick ride to the airport car rental center. Also I rented from Alamo and you could pre-registered online, skip the counter, and walk straight to pick up the car. It's very convenient. Hope this helps.

• 2 weeks later...

You can use your emerald club for enterprise - they have a n office near POM.