"Facilities" for four pax on Solstice

We are cruising next month on Celebrity Solstice, and for the first time we will be with two of our grandchildren in a quad balcony cabin.

I am wondering about facilities.

1. Do they provide bathrobes (and towels etc.) for four

2. We are not Concierge, so no balcony footstools, but do they provide some sort of seating for the kids ? We would love to do a family breakfast on the balcony, but not keen on using an upside down waste paper bin :eek: as a stool.

I know the "easy" answer is to ask the room steward... but I would really like to know before hand so I can consider bringing our own. (Even thinking about getting some lightweight kids size fold up deck chair thingos )

Appreciate any feedback from anyone who has done this and knows.

cheers

Hey Flipper

I can't help you on the info you require but hoping you can do a little research for me when you're on board. If you could make a list or get a photo of a drinks menu showing the beer on board. I've got the classic and premium lists but I thought the actual beer on board may change while she's down here and getting provisioned in Australia.

100 days today until we board!:D

When booking for four, you'll still only get standard furnishings.

Although it's a standard approach, it's also pragmatic. You'll find things quite tight with the standard furniture. Trying to add 2 more chairs outside would take away most of the space to move, and squeezing a breakfast for 4 on that table would also be difficult (except maybe a bowl of cereal and drink each, with a couple of extras!)

You'll get 4 towels for 4 people, but they don't add bathrobes.

That said, the steward would normally try to help so if you're able to compromise/workaround things, something could probably be worked out.

One other thing I would ask: I'm guessing your cabin has one Pullman and one sofa bed as the extras? Or is it a cabin with just the sofa bed?

When booking for four, you'll still only get standard furnishings.

Although it's a standard approach, it's also pragmatic. You'll find things quite tight with the standard furniture. Trying to add 2 more chairs outside would take away most of the space to move, and squeezing a breakfast for 4 on that table would also be difficult (except maybe a bowl of cereal and drink each, with a couple of extras!)

You'll get 4 towels for 4 people, but they don't add bathrobes.

That said, the steward would normally try to help so if you're able to compromise/workaround things, something could probably be worked out.

One other thing I would ask: I'm guessing your cabin has one Pullman and one sofa bed as the extras? Or is it a cabin with just the sofa bed?

We will be 9237, which is on the hump with a large balcony (larger even than 9296 we had on Solstice in Feb last year)...so I know there is enough room for 4 chairs/stools...and I can accept that the table might be a bit on the small size. The cabin has the Pullman bed as well as a Sofa so whilst things might get a bit squeezy at times it should not be too bad.

I could say that if you are paying for 4 pax then you should get amenities for 4...including bath robes etc. but in fact I snared a deal where the kids go free (but we do pay for port charges and bloody tips for them). I think I will have to work on the room attendant...even if I have to offer him a "strong" handshake :eek:

cheers

We will be 9237, which is on the hump with a large balcony (larger even than 9296 we had on Solstice in Feb last year)...so I know there is enough room for 4 chairs/stools...and I can accept that the table might be a bit on the small size. The cabin has the Pullman bed as well as a Sofa so whilst things might get a bit squeezy at times it should not be too bad.

I could say that if you are paying for 4 pax then you should get amenities for 4...including bath robes etc. but in fact I snared a deal where the kids go free (but we do pay for port charges and bloody tips for them). I think I will have to work on the room attendant...even if I have to offer him a "strong" handshake :eek:

cheers

Hi Flipper,

When we have had a cabin for the 3 of us there has only been 2 bathrobes. You could ask for more but I find they take up loads of space. There should be plenty of towels. There were no extra chairs but I have heard of others that have been able to score an extra one or two. I suppose you can always pick up those light weight folding chairs while in Auckland. They are really cheap and you could leave them behind if you luggage gets too heavy with all the things your grandkids will be buying.

Anita

Hi Flipper,

When we have had a cabin for the 3 of us there has only been 2 bathrobes. You could ask for more but I find they take up loads of space. There should be plenty of towels. There were no extra chairs but I have heard of others that have been able to score an extra one or two. I suppose you can always pick up those light weight folding chairs while in Auckland. They are really cheap and you could leave them behind if you luggage gets too heavy with all the things your grandkids will be buying.

Anita

Hi Anita...yes this is where my mind is going at the moment.

Take something light and appropriate as bathrobes for the kids and look at some lightweight "camp" stools. Might be worth getting them in Bne as we have 30kgs baggage allowance with Emirates. I've already seen some on the internet.

At the end of the day it all seems just a bit silly.. and from Celebrity's point of view a bit ridiculous (and unprofessional).

cheers

Hi Anita...yes this is where my mind is going at the moment.

Take something light and appropriate as bathrobes for the kids and look at some lightweight "camp" stools. Might be worth getting them in Bne as we have 30kgs baggage allowance with Emirates. I've already seen some on the internet.

At the end of the day it all seems just a bit silly.. and from Celebrity's point of view a bit ridiculous (and unprofessional).

cheers

You don't say what ages your grandies are - but what about those toweling animal things that kids wear at the beach - with the little hoodie of an animals face - that would be ideal for them up to about 9/10 I suppose. That way they get something to remind them of their holiday with you as well. I reckon housekeeping would be able to rattle up a couple of spare chairs - the logistics stores on these ships are phenominal. :):D Just had another thought - you will have a chair at your dressing table - that's one -down - one to go :p

Edited by dizzy1948

The cabin has the Pullman bed as well as a Sofa

Good call. It does give you more room - and the Pullman is substantially more comfortable than the sofa, so better to only have one using it than two.

I could say that if you are paying for 4 pax then you should get amenities for 4...including bath robes etc.

I wish!

It's like those hotels with breakfast, often they'll only cover the first two people (though some have children incl breakfast separately... but then it may only be up to age 12...)

Similarly with more than 2 on cruise cabins, you don't get extra OBC or other benefits if offered beyond what the first two get, it's just the way they do things.

Not that I agree with it... but it's just the way sadly.

Edited by The_Big_M