New Year's Eve on a cruise ship!

sailingnut

We were on Carnival for New Year's two years ago and we all agreed it was the best New Year's ever! So much fun. It was rainy so they did the countdown in the main atrium with dropped balloons and confetti. This happened to be a west coast cruise so when it turned midnight on the east coast (9p on west), where we are from, we were at dinner and started the countdown quite loudly. A table next to us was from New York and they joined in as well. By the end the whole dining room was counting it down. So much fun!

We had excellent experiences with our two New Year's Eve cruises, as well. So much fun, with parties everywhere, as stated above. Now that we have young children, I'm sure we won't be doing it for awhile, but I definitely would again in the future. Definitely give it a shot!

Sent using the Cruise Critic forums app

Our New Year's Eve cruise on the Gem, a few years ago, ruined me for all other New Year's Eves that I am not fortunate enough to be on a cruise ship. The Gem was still decorated for Christmas and the energy on the ship was absolutely electric. This is a very expensive time to travel, very popular and very exciting. The ship was fully booked, however, I never really noticed , until right before midnite on New Year's. We were poolside while a band played and looked up and the decks were filled with passengers. There were noise makers, streamers, hats and champagne for all. (Well champagne for those 21 and older anyway) There were parties all over the ship and the Captain counted down to the New Year over the loud speaker. Awesome time had by all!!!

I've not been lucky enough to cruise during New Year's but everything I have ever read says it is a wonderful time.

I think you can count on the ship to be beautifully decorated.

The countdown is usually celebrated in nearly every bar/venue with hats and noisemakers and a champagne toast at midnight. If the weather is nice, you may find a celebration by the pool also.

You will also find adults only events as well as family events. And ones for teens.

Idea I love: The current year is carved in ice blocks and then they dump the one number into the pool and bring in the new number for the new year.

Our New Year's Eve cruise on the Gem, a few years ago, ruined me for all other New Year's Eves that I am not fortunate enough to be on a cruise ship. <<< --- THIS!!! :):):)

My husband and I were lucky enough to sail on the SUN on NYE 2011 - and just today, when we were talking about our plans for tonight, I said that I was jealous of everyone ringing in the new year on a cruise ship! Best time I ever had on New Year's Eve - parties galore and no worries about driving home :D

Happy New Year to all CCers and best wishes for wonderful cruises in 2014!