Changing cruises

rpmcruiser

I recently signed up for a cruise but my wife and I have decided that there is a different one that we prefer. Can I just transfer everything from one cruise to another or do I have to cancel the first one and then sign up for the new one?

Not a simple answer to your question. First of all, did you sign up for your cruise directly through Carnival either online or through the phone or did you use a travel agent? Second, what type of rate did you book your cruise with? Was it an Early Saver rate? If it was, there is a 50.00 penalty per person and the balance of your deposit can be transferred to your new booking.

Not a simple answer to your question. First of all, did you sign up for your cruise directly through Carnival either online or through the phone or did you use a travel agent? Second, what type of rate did you book your cruise with? Was it an Early Saver rate? If it was, there is a 50.00 penalty per person and the balance of your deposit can be transferred to your new booking.

Adding on....

Are you past final payment?

Thank you for your responses. To answer the questions: I booked through Carnival via phone, I DO believe it was at the Early Saver price, No I haven't made the final payment. If all it is going to cost me is $50.00, I'll chalk to up to experience and be better prepared next time.

Thank you for your responses. To answer the questions: I booked through Carnival via phone, I DO believe it was at the Early Saver price, No I haven't made the final payment. If all it is going to cost me is $50.00, I'll chalk to up to experience and be better prepared next time.

It will cost you $100 total. As stated earlier it is $50pp. I've paid it before as well for switching cruises.

I now book all CCL cruises past guest where I can change and cancel for free before final payment date.

I do give up the ability to get price drops after final payment but those have been few and far between for the last year or so.

Past guest is usually only $20pp more than early saver rate.

Bill

I paid for our cruise and in full and then decided to change dates a few weeks later. It was the same cruise so not sure if that makes a difference. They told me there was a $100 fee but they waived that for me. There was a $60 price difference so I ended up only paying that and changed it in less than 10 mins no problem. Carnival was great!

I am trying to change my early saver booked cruise from one week to the sailing the week before. The actual sailing is ~$1500 more and they won't waive the $50pp fee, which is 4 of us, so $200. Any advice?

I am trying to change my early saver booked cruise from one week to the sailing the week before. The actual sailing is ~$1500 more and they won't waive the $50pp fee, which is 4 of us, so $200. Any advice?

suck it up, and make the change. i changed my cruise this week and paid it. I still saved money. it does suck, but you're still saving 1300

I recently signed up for a cruise but my wife and I have decided that there is a different one that we prefer. Can I just transfer everything from one cruise to another or do I have to cancel the first one and then sign up for the new one?

Did you book it as Early Saver? If so, there are penalties for changing or cancelling.

If not ES and it is before final payment, you can change or cancel at any time up to the final payment date

suck it up, and make the change. i changed my cruise this week and paid it. I still saved money. it does suck, but you're still saving 1300

I think you misunderstood- the new cruise is $1500 MORE than the one I have booked, so with penalty, I am looking at $1700. If I was considering spending that much more, I was hoping that carnival would waive the $200 as a courtesy.

Which cruise is $1500 more, the one you want to switch to or the one you originally booked?

Either way you really don't have a leg to stand on.

I guess you could keep hanging up and calling back until you find someone who is willing to waive the fee but it is rare that they do that.

Maybe if you had a working relationship with a PVP he/she might do it.

Bill

Since it is 1500 more, the only way would be to possibly get the ear of a sympathetic supervisor. A regular CSR doesn't have the authority to waive the 200 change fee, but a supervisor may if he or she knows all of the details and realizes you're spending 1500 more after the switch. Otherwise you can always stick with what you have and use that 1500 on Cheers or excursions.

Sent from my XT1254 using Forums mobile app