Thank you Everyone.

Am back home from hospital and I just want to say a big thank you to everyone for all the good wishes :)

I woke up on Thursday the 15th with typical stroke symptoms and high blood pressure and was admitted to hospital. They did scans and tests and nothing showed up. So they referred me to a neurologist.

He said it was something I and nearly all of the nurses looking after me had never heard of, Hemiplegic Migraine. Instead of the blinding headache and flashing lights you usually asscociate with migraine you wake up with all the symptoms of a stroke. This should clear in time.

But as he was discharging me the stroke consultant said although the scans show clear if it affects 1% or less of your brain a stroke won't show up on scans. So he's treating it as if it was a stroke and giving me the medication for it plus blood pressure tablets.

So I'm off work now until just after the October cruise. At least we can still go, at one point last week we were ready to cancel.

Once again thanks to you all

Berwyn

So pleased to hear that you are home and that you are getting on well and with the right medication hopefully all is now under control. Sounds as though you have been well looked after too. I send my very best wishes for your continued recovery - and good to know that you can go ahead with your cruise. It will be a lovely break - some welcome R&R after all the worry for both you and Delyth.

Take care, and have a wonderful cruise - I'm certain you will really appreciate this one. :)

So pleased to hear that you are home and that you are getting on well and with the right medication hopefully all is now under control. Sounds as though you have been well looked after too. I send my very best wishes for your continued recovery - and good to know that you can go ahead with your cruise. It will be a lovely break - some welcome R&R after all the worry for both you and Delyth.

Take care, and have a wonderful cruise - I'm certain you will really appreciate this one. :)

Thanks kruzseeka, I was lucky compared to some of the patients on the ward. The care was excellent by all the staff. It will be hard though just relaxing for 2 months but as the GP said yesterday "You need tome to heal and recover".

Berwyn

Now while your resting... maybe... while sitting down (obviously) you could take charge of the ironing. We could all just to help with your recuperation pop around with a basket or two for you. Just a thought... welcome home.x

Now while your resting... maybe... while sitting down (obviously) you could take charge of the ironing. We could all just to help with your recuperation pop around with a basket or two for you. Just a thought... welcome home.x

And our dirty pots to wash by hand!!

Keep getting better each day Berwyn. xx

Archived