Flow rider

The FlowRider wasn't very popular on either of our sailings. Not sure how many kids were on the 11/23 (Thanksgiving sailing) but the 12/1 only had 75. On day 2 of the 12/1 sailing the 4-6pm FlowRider session was empty. The sports staff were just sitting their waiting for anyone to show up. The one guy saw me filming and put on a show just so he'd have something to do. I've never paid for a private session and would never recommend anyone doing so. If you go at off times you can find it empty. Just try to go early in the day, late in the day, or when it's drizzling (seriously, people don't like going out in the rain, lol) and you can have it practically to yourself.

What a bunch of wusses - we had 10 people in line out there in light rain and high 50s weather in the north Atlantic on the maiden sailing. I second the idea that no lessons are needed - the staff will take the time to teach you all that you need during regular sessions.

I'm 59 years old and finally had a chance to try it on our last cruise on Navigator. I choose boogie board and not stand-up and it was really fun. The water jet does pound you and you feel it the next day. But it was also really fun. I am hardly athletic. I also echo what others said about light rain being a great time. You are going to get wet anyway so who cares?

A friend did hurt his leg trying stand-up. The fall can be more intense. But boogie board is relatively safe in terms of fall. The trade off is the water jet pounds you the entire time. I recommend trying it.

The FlowRider wasn't very popular on either of our sailings. Not sure how many kids were on the 11/23 (Thanksgiving sailing) but the 12/1 only had 75. On day 2 of the 12/1 sailing the 4-6pm FlowRider session was empty. The sports staff were just sitting their waiting for anyone to show up. The one guy saw me filming and put on a show just so he'd have something to do. I've never paid for a private session and would never recommend anyone doing so. If you go at off times you can find it empty. Just try to go early in the day, late in the day, or when it's drizzling (seriously, people don't like going out in the rain, lol) and you can have it practically to yourself.

What a bunch of wusses - we had 10 people in line out there in light rain and high 50s weather in the north Atlantic on the maiden sailing. I second the idea that no lessons are needed - the staff will take the time to teach you all that you need during regular sessions.

I can see your point about not needed ing the lessons when there were not that many people and the staff did spend dome time to show you a few things.

The cruise that we went on was very busy and there were constantly 20 people in line for the flowrider. The staff did not spend any time with you. You fell that's it, next in line. For someone who has never done this before the one on one was IMO great and vastly improved your experience when doing the flowrider at the open times.

I guess like everything it depends on the cruise and the staff.

I second the idea that no lessons are needed - the staff will take the time to teach you all that you need during regular sessions.

I would like to add that the Quantum staff at Florider were the very best I have ever witnessed with regard to attentiveness and instruction. They would regularily hop on a boogie board themselves in order to go right beside the participant in order to instruct them and urge them to try something new by showing them how it's done. It was constant instruction, young and old. Kudos to them.

I tried it out and loved it...:D

it was on a summer cruise so it was quite crowded but you had time to get back in line if you wanted to try it again and again...

I did not stand up and I made sure I stayed close to the bottom rather than near the top and the jets never hit me...when I got ready to stop I just moved towards the side and got off...;)

Edited by ILuvCruisin'

• 1 month later...