Just Booked First Ever Disney Cruise

MandiesMom

Hi everyone!

I am so excited - I just booked my first Disney Cruise. I am excited because it is Disney, of course, but also because of who is going. When I was 5 years old, my parents divorced. So, growing up (and struggling to make ends meet) it was just me, my mom, and my older sister. We were there for each other through thick and thin.

Well, it has been since before I was 18 (now 45) that just the 3 of us went on a trip together. In December 2015, we are going on the Dream together - just the 3 of us! I'm beyond excited! My older sister lost her 23 year old daughter last year and it's been a rough time. My sister has always loved anything Disney. She believes in the fairy tales lol Anyway, my mom and I thought this would be perfect. She is so happy. We all are. Yay!

I don't really have any other reason for this thread. I just had to yell to the world how excited I am and I knew you would all "get it." :D

Edited by MandiesMom

Hi everyone!

I am so excited - I just booked my first Disney Cruise. I am excited because it is Disney, of course, but also because of who is going. When I was 5 years old, my parents divorced. So, growing up (and struggling to make ends meet) it was just me, my mom, and my older sister. We were there for each other through thick and thin.

Well, it has been since before I was 18 (now 45) that just the 3 of us went on a trip together. In December 2015, we are going on the Dream together - just the 3 of us! I'm beyond excited! My older sister lost her 23 year old daughter last year and it's been a rough time. My sister has always loved anything Disney. She believes in the fairy tales lol Anyway, my mom and I thought this would be perfect. She is so happy. We all are. Yay!

I don't really have any other reason for this thread. I just had to yell to the world how excited I am and I knew you would all "get it." :D

Welcome!

A Disney cruise is always special.

Yay! So happy for you! I just booked my first as well!! We sail next year September. I'm not new to cruising though...this will be my 8th overall...but been aching to do a DCL for awhile now. I'll be surprising my 7yr old next year.

Happy cruisin!

You will love the Dream! We went on our first Disney cruise over the 4th of July weekend this summer and it was awesome! But not long enough, we then booked a 7 day for the week after Thanksgiving! Im sorry about your family's loss, hopefully the vacation will provide some much needed fun and relaxation. Take advantage of the free room service!

Thank you for all the kind words! I think this will be just what we need.

Oh, and thanks to gambee, I know what my room will be like because we booked the aft balcony to the right of the room (the "pole room" lol) that he was in. :)

• 2 weeks later...

Congrats! There is plenty of info if you look around, if you want to learn all about the fun on Disney cruises. Gambee did a great review. Also learn about FE's if you are interested in that. Google it if you need too. I know you will all have a blast. Enjoy!

I just read your post and teared up. Good for all of you to get together and experience the magic of Disney. I grew up on Disney and have always wanted to go to Disney land or a cruise with our children but money was always an issue. We are raising our grandson who will be 7 next month and have booked a cruise on the fantasy in Feb next year. This is the second time we have tried to do this, money always an issue, but this time come hell or high water we are going. I think we all as your family, need to feel the magic and enjoy some quality family time. Enjoy you cruise and time together.