Liquor stores close to airport/cruise ship port?

BODICERIPPER

We will be flying into Orlando, staying overnight at the airport hotel, and then taking the shuttle to Port Cape Canaveral the next morning, in time to board the Disney ship.

Does anyone know if there are any convenient places to purchase alcohol either around the airport in Orlando, or around the cruise ship port itself? We plan to take a couple of bottles of alcohol on board the ship (in our carry on luggage).

Neither one of us wants to attempt to fly into Orlando with alcohol in our luggage. :D

Thanks! :)

2 years ago I drove to the port from the airport in a rental car before my girlfriends cruise, there was a Winn Dixie (im pretty sure) right by where we were to return the rental car that said Grocery store/liquor store and we got bottles of wine there to bring onboard.

There is no place within walking distance of either. There is a small liquor store (Cape Canaveral Spirits?) about four miles from the drop off point at the port, it would be cheaper (although possibly not easier) to take a cab from there than from the airport to the closest store which is at least five miles on toll roads.

:)

Thank you for the replies. I was thinking that I just might have to take a cab from either the airport hotel or the port itself to the nearest liquor store/convenience store.

Unless...do they allow hotel restaurant/bar "off sales" in Florida? Even if they do, it would likely be a pricey way to obtain alcohol. :)

:cool:

Edited by BODICERIPPER

:)

Thank you for the replies. I was thinking that I just might have to take a cab from either the airport hotel or the port itself to the nearest liquor store/convenience store.

Unless...do they allow hotel restaurant/bar "off sales" in Florida? Even if they do, it would likely be a pricey way to obtain alcohol. :)

:cool:

It's allowed but I think requires a special addendum to the license. Not going to happen at the airport.

There is a Wal Mart about 5 miles north of the airport that sells wine and beer - not sure about the hard stuff. There was also a liquor store about 3 miles north of airport on the east side of the highway - not sure if still there - I didn't look when we were there a couple weeks ago.

I'd just purchase it at home and pack it in your checked baggage.We're flying to San Juan in 2 weeks,and thats how we're bringing ours.

I'd ask at the hotel desk.I'm sure they can give you the closest place to them.

Edited by PatLuv
add some info

Sigh......abcfws dot com.......or just call the number I already provided for delivery

They used to actually deliver, which is what I thought you were talking about.

Will the Hyatt even accept delivery of a restricted package for a guest? I'd call and verify before shipping. I'd also be aware that if the person working the dock that day is only 20, FedEx won't leave the package, and will bring it back on the next business day. I know this for a fact, as one of my wine shipments was delayed because the person accepting deliveries for the business that day was under 21.