Cruising out of Venice and looking for a nice VBRO rental....

Hi! I'm not sure if this is the best place to post this, but we are a family of six cruising out of Venice next summer. Being that we are six, it's usually less expensive to get a VBRO rental - although I am used to five star hotels so I'd like something nice. Does anyone have any suggestions or know of a better place to post this? We are hoping to not rent a vehicle either - so walking distance to the cruise port. We'll be there two nights before we depart. Thank you again!

Check out airbnb! You can search just in the neighborhood of the port which is Santa Croce if that's what you're interested in. Also note that Venice has lots of water taxis (which you can purchase day passes for) so if you did decide to stay a little further from the port, this would be a good mode of transportation.

I used it but my apartment was for four. I use this method a lot and just wanted to let you know if this is your first rental just to make sure there are already reviews on the apartment, good ones. People are usually very accurate with their assessments.

vrbo= Vacation rental By Owner

I booked this apartment through HomeAway for Venice for 6ppl last July:

https://www.homeaway.com/vacation-rental/p6585292

It was fantastic! The owner was super easy to work with, even with my flight delays, and all the other crazy stuff that happened on that trip! The apartment was clean, airconditioned and plenty big enough. Beware, there is no elevator so you must climb several flights of stairs to get there, but that is my ONLY con to this apartment.

There is a review of that trip in my signature, including the apartment. It is the Rhapsody of the Seas link.