Port Canaveral Terminal 1 Delayed Again?

Just got a call from RCI that my Enchantment embarkation on January 2nd will no longer be at the new terminal 1 and will now be terminal 10. T1 was scheduled to open Dec. 27, which was the new date assigned after the opening was delayed by more than a month because of construction problems on the terminal's waterside area. Guess things aren't all straightened out yet.

Just got a call from RCI that my Enchantment embarkation on January 2nd will no longer be at the new terminal 1 and will now be terminal 10. T1 was scheduled to open Dec. 27, which was the new date assigned after the opening was delayed by more than a month because of construction problems on the terminal's waterside area. Guess things aren't all straightened out yet.

I heard a couple of weeks ago that opening had been delayed to mid-January.

The terminal outside and inside is finished. The grounds, landscaping, and parking lot is finished. The entrance and parking garage is finished.

What is holding it up? The seawall contractor started very late, and obviously found more work than they thought as they were removing old pilings. Everything has to be pulled up, dredged out and piled onto barges to move and then unload on the north side of the channel where the Coast Guard station was. They are still dredging and still building the seawall.

They are working day and night, Check it out.

http://webcampub.multivista.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=aPublicWebcam.embed&WebcamPublicEmbedUID=873D8514-F022-46B4-94F1-2FDB6070F759&width=&height

Edited by RSWBADGER

I heard a couple of weeks ago that opening had been delayed to mid-January.

My best guess is late January. The only reference point I have for that is watching them build terminal six. When that terminal's sea wall and apron were in the same state as terminal one, it took more than a month to finally open for cruise traffic.;)

I got the same call, text, and email about the terminal change. The ship won't be hard to miss. :)

Here's the email I got

Hello, this is Royal Caribbean International. We would like to provide you with important information regarding your upcoming sailing on Enchantment of the Seas, from Port Canaveral. Check in will take place at Terminal 10, not Terminal 1 as stated in your cruise documents. Terminal 10’s address is 9005 Charles Roland Drive. We look forward to welcoming you onboard the Enchantment of the Seas.

The terminal outside and inside is finished. The grounds, landscaping, and parking lot is finished. The entrance and parking garage is finished.

What is holding it up? The seawall contractor started very late, and obviously found more work than they thought as they were removing old pilings. Everything has to be pulled up, dredged out and piled onto barges to move and then unload on the north side of the channel where the Coast Guard station was. They are still dredging and still building the seawall.

Some folks that we met, on our mutual cruise last week, who lived near the port told me that the construction company wanted to dynamite the old pilings etc. and the Port Authority would not let them.

I can see how the pulling up the the old pilings & piling them onto barges to transport to the other side of the channel (along with the dredging would take time)

I am depending on you to update us on the progress when you eat at Grills.

I hope Terminal 1 is done for our 2-22-2015 FR cruise.

Some folks that we met, on our mutual cruise last week, who lived near the port told me that the construction company wanted to dynamite the old pilings etc. and the Port Authority would not let them.

I can see how the pulling up the the old pilings & piling them onto barges to transport to the other side of the channel (along with the dredging would take time)

I am depending on you to update us on the progress when you eat at Grills.

I hope Terminal 1 is done for our 2-22-2015 FR cruise.

Will get another "bird's eye view" also with our 12/29 Enchantment sailing for NYE. We have that big aft wrap JS 7666 for that one. Huge balcony for our sail away bubbly event! :D

Grills lost a lot of waterfront for sure. Fence is directly at their side entrance, closing off that whole water front side to the east. Guess they will have to change all of their logo stuff from "watch the boat follies" to "watch the seawall building" for now. ;)

Will get another "bird's eye view" also with our 12/29 Enchantment sailing for NYE. We have that big aft wrap JS 7666 for that one. Huge balcony for our sail away bubbly event! :D

Grills lost a lot of waterfront for sure. Fence is directly at their side entrance, closing off that whole water front side to the east. Guess they will have to change all of their logo stuff from "watch the boat follies" to "watch the seawall building" for now. ;)

I just sailed in 7666, it's a great cabin with a huge walk-in closet.

P1000881_zps71602f1f.jpg

P1000883_zpsb9ba5b16.jpg

Will be interested in hearing about your "birds eye view" after your EN NYE cruise. Love the pictures of the cabin and balcony.

Grills has lost even more than the waterfront view -- we tried to eat there the night before the cruise but could not find parking so we went to Millikens (and ran into Kathy and Alex -- Dett).

I just sailed in 7666, it's a great cabin with a huge walk-in closet.

P1000881_zps71602f1f.jpg

P1000883_zpsb9ba5b16.jpg

Wow!!! Thanks for sharing the photos! It was the first time I could score that cabin, and what great timing to have it for NYE cruise to watch the fireworks off the coast of Nassau!

Will be interested in hearing about your "birds eye view" after your EN NYE cruise. Love the pictures of the cabin and balcony.

Grills has lost even more than the waterfront view -- we tried to eat there the night before the cruise but could not find parking so we went to Millikens (and ran into Kathy and Alex -- Dett).

Yes, Grills always enjoyed free use of the empty lot next door for a parking area that the boaters used, as did we park there when we ate at Grills. Now that is all gone. The new boat ramp area just east of there is really huge. That more than made up for the lost boat ramp and parking for boat trailers. Will just miss watching the "Budweiser fueled" captains trying to load their boats on the trailers next to Grills. Was always quite the show. ;) :p

Edited by island lady

This post is from our Jan 9 EX rollcall. http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showpost.php?p=45013786&postcount=556