How to follow QV refit?

Welcome to Cruise Critic! If you'd like to participate on our forums by joining in the conversation, please Register Now! Be sure to visit our FAMOUS Roll Call forums, where you can meet other cruisers sailing with you and share a tour or shore excursion and SAVE MONEY!

Unregistered, just back from your Cunard cruise? Get published on Cruise Critic; Write a Review!
Cunard Line

Read hundreds of Cunard Cruise Reviews from cruisers like you.

See posts about:
Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts
BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
All times are GMT -4.
The time now is 03:24 AM.
Nottingham,United kingdom
950 Posts
Joined Sep 2008
Roscoe, it certainly only shows britannia club fully refitted, other britannias have some new bedcovers etc.
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
Seabourn Legend 29/06/03 ItalianYacht Havens
Seabourn Legend 25/06/04 Yachtsmans Riviera
Regent Navigator 20/09/08 Mediteranean
HAL Eurodam 30/01/10 Caribbean
Ponant Le Boreal 13/05/10 Monte Carlo GP
Seabourn Odyssey 08/08/11 Greece
Silversea Silver Whisper 11/10/11 New England
Seabourn Spirit 02/09/12 Adriatic
Crystal Serenity 09/05/13 Italian idylls
Seabourn Odyssey 12/07/14 Greek Isles & Croatia
Seabourn Odyssey 04/07/15 Turkey & Greek Isles
Azamara Journey 19/08/16 France,Italy,Malta,Greece
Seabourn Odyssey 15/10/16 Greek Isles
Vale of Glamorgan
3,249 Posts
Joined Aug 2007
This is what the Cunard website says -

"All Britannia staterooms on board Queen Victoria have been refurbished. Each features newly designed carpets and soft furnishings, new flat screen HD televisions and, by popular request, tea and coffee making facilities. All Queens Grill and Princess Grill suites have also received interior enhancements during Queen Victoria’s refit to maximise space whilst ensuring unsurpassed levels of elegance and comfort."
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
Email - [email protected]

Please include your Cruise Critic user name and be patient, I do not have full time access to this mailbox and I am in a different time zone to many of you !
Sydney, Australia
1,462 Posts
Joined Mar 2012
Originally posted by Host Hattie

"All Britannia staterooms on board Queen Victoria have been refurbished. Each features newly designed carpets and soft furnishings, new flat screen HD televisions and, by popular request, tea and coffee making facilities. All Queens Grill and Princess Grill suites have also received interior enhancements during Queen Victoria’s refit to maximise space whilst ensuring unsurpassed levels of elegance and comfort."
I'm eager to see what the QG suite enhancements look like since I've got a Q4 booked for next September. I can't seem to find many photos of the QV Grills online either. Does anyone have any good galleries they could point me towards?
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
Upcoming cruises:

Past cruises:

Golden Princess Australia Coastal Apr 17; Diamond Princess SE Asia Dec 16 / Jan 17; QM2 Tranatlantic WC segment Jan 16; Queen Elizabeth back to back Canaries Dec 15; Diamond Princess Coastal Dec 14; Dawn Princess Australian Coastal Oct 14; Queen Elizabeth Venice to Athens Jun to Jul 14; QM2 Hamburg to Southampton Jun 14; Diamond Princess Australia/New Zealand Dec 13; QM2 Caribbean/Transatlantic Dec 12 to Jan 13; Diamond Princess Australia/New Zealand Jan 06
950 Posts
Joined Sep 2008

Yes, exactly, i think previously with people there has been some confusion for people between what has been fully refitted and the rooms with minor refurbs, as i stated.
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
430 Posts
Joined Jan 2012
Originally posted by Tillylovesseabourn
Yes, exactly, i think previously with people there has been some confusion for people between what has been fully refitted and the rooms with minor refurbs, as i stated.
I don't think there's been much confusion, although you did say at one point the aft Q5s are all being refitted to Q4 penthouses when of course, you meant just the deck eight 5's.
I posted on a separate thread our Butler in May had said the soft furnishings were being replaced in non actual refit cabins and I think that became common knowledge over the refit time.
I gather from your name you are a Seabourn cruiser. Never having cruised with Seabourn, I will be very interested in your opinion after your Queen Victoria QG cruise, in how the two products compare etc.
950 Posts
Joined Sep 2008
Victoria2, I am trying one of the new Q1 cabins this time,so i too am interested to see how my experience compares this year with SB. Will report back.
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
Atlanta, GA
123 Posts
Joined Apr 2006
Originally posted by cruiseluvva
We are in 5191 in August.
We'll be joining in Barcelona next week in this suite and will likely take a good number of pictures. There has been some good coverage already, so perhaps we might post some things we haven't noticed yet. I figure with at least new carpet, mattress, bed linens, and perhaps drapes, the suite might achieve a level of that "new ship smell." Shame about baths not being touched.
wiltshire uk
110 Posts
Joined Jul 2007
We're actually the residents of suite 5191 leaving from Southampton on 22nd June and disembarking in Barcelona, so we'll keep it nice for you! We spend 3 days in Barcelona before flying back to Heathrow. Really looking forward to the break on QV and spending time in Barcelona, having only visited before on a cruise.
Overlooking the Straights of Dover
107 Posts
Joined Oct 2016
Originally posted by Saab4444
If you don't see her aft she still looks good!
Regardless of the work on her rear end she still looks more ship-shape than QE because she's not saddled with wearing that daft hat thing over her sports deck. Even my granny would have been embarrassed by something like that but somehow it got through.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums
Hampshire, England
1,482 Posts
Joined Mar 2008
Originally posted by kentchris
Here's QV looking rather fine just now in Arrecife.
Good morning Chris.

Great to see someone else posting live pictures.
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
Dancing above the Waves.

Diving below them.

UK
4,206 Posts
Joined Jan 2009
Originally posted by Ray66
On board now. Still waiting for luggage since boarding about 3 hours ago.

Deck 9 aft certainly has the wow factor now. Looks very different. Lots more awnings with tables and chairs neatly set out for eating. Hundreds of loungers and eight of those big round basket-type seats with cushions and a roof. Can't remember what they're called but sure to be very popular.

When we approached the ship in the car I got the impression that the shape at the new aft was more rounded than on the QE. Didn't seem to quite give the impression of a brick that that does.

Winter Garden looks different but I must say I don't like those new black metallic modern chairs. Very strange! Fortunately there are only a few of them. A big olive tree sits in the middle.

The future sales office is now situated in what used to be a shop on deck 2. The memorabilia cabinet in the middle has gone with just a couple of windows left at the side.

Our balcony cabin has new carpets and I think a new covering on the sofa. New balcony furniture too. We have a kettle etc same as on the QM2.
Only just returned from an extended holiday so I don't know if there are any similar photos of the QV posted on this forum or not, but here's a few of mine:

Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
QV - Amsterdam & Bruges - June 2017
QE - Spain & Portugal - September 2016
QM2 - Hamburg - July 2016
QE - Mediterranean 16 days - August 2015
QV - Lusitania Remembered May 2015 (3 Queens Soton)
QE - Christmas markets - December 2014
QM2 - Transatlantic roundtrip via Halifax - June 2014
QM2 - Fjords - July 2013
QV - Fjords - July 2012 (3 Queens Southampton)
QE - Spring Getaway - May 2012
QE - Maiden Baltic & St Petersburg - May 2011
QV - Norwegian Wonders - July 2010
QV - Spring Getaway - April 2010
QV - Gallic Getaway - October 2009
QM2 - Iberian Odyssey - July 2009
QM2 - Hamburg - August 2008
Vale of Glamorgan
3,249 Posts
Joined Aug 2007
Thank you for posting the photographs Ray, what was your overall impression of the refit ?
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
Email - [email protected]

Please include your Cruise Critic user name and be patient, I do not have full time access to this mailbox and I am in a different time zone to many of you !
UK
4,206 Posts
Joined Jan 2009
Thank you for posting the photographs Ray, what was your overall impression of the refit ?
All good apart from teeny tiny Godiva pillow chocolates, no biscotti in the old CafeCarinthia/newChart Room (as on QM2) but at least you can still get free pastries and light lunches. I'm not sure why the Winter Garden needed refitting - it was okay as it was. There are now some dividers in the room and those silly (IMO) chairs.
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
QM2 - Fjords - July 2013
68 Posts
Joined Feb 2010
We saw biscotti on last couple of days of the cruise, we just asked and got them. Think they were still finding their feet after refit and new concepts that were introduced. We just asked if we wanted something that wasn't obvious and we got with no trouble at all!
UK
4,206 Posts
Joined Jan 2009
That's good to know!
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
QM2 - Fjords - July 2013