How to follow QV refit?

erniebernie

So we have a pinked purple geometric pattern throw on the bed with bright blue cushions, a green and grey chair with a sort of animal/mottled print and a yellow sofa with a jacquard print. The carpet is blue and grey with a geometric wavy pattern. The result is jumble sale chic.

My husbands 1st comment was- I though that this ship had been refurbished!

Apparently the hanging smoke detector has been reported by the butler already but nothing has been done about it.

Edited by Barnaby100

We boarded at about 11.30-12 and have 1 of 2 bags. I didnt think that was too bad.

Their are cabana type sun loungers on deck 9. Big and round-with a covered top.

Has anything changed outside on the Grill's decks 11 and 12?

Yes Kettles in Staterooms.

The Cloudy bay is available by the glass at around $8 no doubt plus service.

No menus have been printed yet. The Gestetner machine is working overtime.

Very many thanks Pennbank. Have a wonderful cruise.

Yes Kettles in Staterooms.

The Cloudy bay is available by the glass at around $8 no doubt plus service.

No menus have been printed yet. The Gestetner machine is working overtime.

The bar menu is out and it's Cloudy bay, Marlborough, New Zealand $12.95 150ml glass or $20.95 250 ml obviously plus 15% service

Edited by Pennbank

The bar menu is out and it's Cloudy bay, Marlborough, New Zealand $12.95 150ml glass or $20.95 bottle obviously plus 15% service

Many thanks again - like the bottle price, however, sadly, I suspect it's the 250ml glass price.

Barnaby, now is your opportunity to check out whether 8174 is unoccupied or not! Let us know your findings.

Probably not. It has wet paint signs stuck on the decking- all deck 8 and deck 6 afts seem to have them stuck on. Cant see 7. We are on 6 and 5 is occupied as I can see them. Should get a better view in amsterdam!

There are not any loungers on the balcony- just chairs and no table just a box. . Sure that we have had loungers in GG before?

'Blue' loungers and reclining chairs plus footstools, on white metal frames Q6-3 and black wrought iron furniture [with chair/seat pads] with reclining chairs in Q2 [ plus day beds in the old stern balcony Q1].

We always have the actual loungers taken away as we found the balconies too crowded.[old stern balconies excepted].

What is the style of the box table? Can it comfortably be used for outdoor dining?

Probably not. It has wet paint signs stuck on the decking- all deck 8 and deck 6 afts seem to have them stuck on. Cant see 7. We are on 6 and 5 is occupied as I can see them. Should get a better view in amsterdam!

Will keep an eye on your postings! Have fun.

'Blue' loungers and reclining chairs plus footstools, on white metal frames Q6-3 and black wrought iron furniture [with chair/seat pads] with reclining chairs in Q2 [ plus day beds in the old stern balcony Q1].

We always have the actual loungers taken away as we found the balconies too crowded.[old stern balconies excepted].

What is the style of the box table? Can it comfortably be used for outdoor dining?

No. It is a box type - plastic rattan ottoman. About 90cms high and 60 by 90 ***** the top. It has a lock that you could put a padlock through. You couldn't dine at it as there is no space to get legs under.

There are 2 plastic rattan chairs. They have a slight reclining mechanism. There are 2 box type foot stools. You couldn't lie on them or sleep.

They look new- mid grey with blue and grey/black cushions

That was where staff told me the Future sales office was going to be.

Have other shops been changed/reassigned to differing areas or just the 'duty free' shop

Chocolates, toiletries etc that used to be in that shop are now in the bookshop. So that means there aren't as many books in there now.

The Royal Arcade shops aren't open yet. The captain is going to open the "newly designed" shops tomorrow morning.

The jigsaws have disappeared from that alcove area and have been replaced with a large model of the QV.

For the first time, we only got a half bottle of PA. Due to the fact that it is only a short cruise apparently.