Famous Homes & Hideaways Tour?

Ilovesailing

Is it possible to book this tour at the pier in Somerset Village or should we book in advance, also anyone have an idea on price at the pier verses NCL ship excursion at $49 pp? We don't like doing ship excursions if we can help it thanks.

Note: that this is the last cruise of the season and the only ship in port.

Edited by Ilovesailing

I believe this tour leaves from the Royal Naval Dockyard, where your ship is berthed, not from Somerset Village.

Checking on the Internet, it's listed at $50...and if you book through the tour center at the Dockyard they even tack on a $5 booking fee.

We booked this tour through the cruise line last year. It was well worth the $49. We booked it on the afternoon of our last day in Bermuda. It returned us to the ship a half hour before we were to sail - just a perfect ending to our stay in Bermuda. It was a wonderful excursion by a very informative and funny husband and wife team on a just perfect Bermuda day.

from what company can i book this tour instead of going through the ship?

http://www.bermuda-attractions.com/bermuda_00001c.htm

Postal Address:

Winsome

P.O. Box MA 224

Mangrove Bay, Somerset MA BX, Bermuda.

Phone: 441/ 234 2193, 441/ 238 0663; Email: info@winsomebermuda.com

You can also book through Island Tour Center. They are located at the Dockyard. You can contact them for further information & booking.

Office Hours:

Summer: 8:00am-6:00pm, Monday to Sunday

Winter: 9:00am-4:00pm, Monday to Friday

Phone: (441) 236-1300; Email: info@islandtourcentre.com

SBtS

Check out the Bermuda Garden club. We went to Bermuda last year, and they did not do it, but I was e-mailed back by them and was told they they were going to do it "next year" which is this year. Anyway...every Wednesday in May, 5 different outstanding properties are open to the public. Tickets are available at the visitor's center and I think they were $15. It gets you into all 5 houses. Transportation is on your own. We've done the tour twice in years past. All of the houses were within a block or two of bus stops, so it was easy to visit without having to hire a cab, and doing it this way, you don't arrive at a house as part of a busload of visitors, either. Google it and you will get the e-mail address for the Bermuda garden club. Again....it's ONLY Wednesdays during May.

Last time we were in Bermuda (2012) we did this cruise by booking directly through Consort Cruises. I spoke with the woman on the phone and she said they use various booking agents around the island, but if you book with them directly, they get the money and don't have to pay a commission. It's just a husband and wife family business, so I was glad we did. They are such nice people and the cruise was fantastic! We plan to do it again on our next visit this summer.

Of course, things change, so you might want to contact them via their web site - http://consortcruises.com/index.html