Sailing Breakaway with Toddlers

dhodermarsky

Pack everything you need that is "baby specific"...the ship sells NOTHING for babies or pediatric needs. All medications, diapers, wipes, etc...you will need to bring with you.

No diapers allowed in ANY pool...some ships do have "splash zones" for diapered kids....check with NCL for that info.

Kids are allowed in all restaurants....if they don't eat off the main menu, they are usually 1/2 price or free...depending on the restaurant.

Get a guidebook on your ports, so you'll know what is avail. that will interest your family

The NCL kids clubs are great, and your 3 year old will hopefully love it there (some 3 year olds have a hard time separating, but aside from that the other kids really love it!).

We sailed on the NCL star, a much older and less fancy ship than the breakaway, and there was a baby room with toys for the infants. The one bad thing I'd warn you about is that the NCL kids clubs close for two hours for lunch and again for two hours at dinner. Everyone tries to bring their kids back as soon as possible when the kids clubs reopen, and there were a ton of kids on line outside the kids club. On the star, the baby toy room was near the kids club and all the older kids ran in there while their parents waited on line to check in their kids (only one kid can be checked in at a time, and on the star they couldn't do that by just scanning a card - it could be faster on the breakaway since their technology could be more updated). A lot of parents of babies would leave since it got pretty crowded, so you might want to take note of that in terms of when you'd chose to bring your two year old to the baby toy room if it's located close to the kids club.

Edited by kitkat343

We took my son on breakaway at 2 and a few months. He enjoyed the play room (parents stay, it is just a room of toys) and loved trying mini golf and exploring the ship. We are at a combination of buffet, main dining room, specialty restaurants, and haven restaurant for breakfast every day.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I wanted to add that if you find yourself eating at the buffet with your children, they only seem to put out little cartons of milk at breakfast time, not at lunch or dinner.

It is a good idea to grab a few for your cabin fridge in the morning, so your kids can have milk whenever they want it.

• 3 weeks later...
Just wondering how you have handle sleeping arrangements for 2 toddlers (age 3). The Pullman/ upper bunk will not work and they're too big for a pack 'n play. What have others done?

I have seen in pictures that one family with 2 young kids put the mattress from the pull men on the floor in front of the bathroom hallway area...