One More Alaskan Photo Journal

marysb

I have really enjoyed looking at everyone's photos and reviews so much that I thought I would share ours as well. Hopefully it will bring back some memories or add to your anticipation. I know many of the shots are repetitive in so many reviews, but I always still enjoy seeing them over and over. Hope you do to.

This is our blog of our July Oosterdam Cruise and land tour. Loved the trip, but if I would do it again, I would definitely spend more than one night in Denali and would add a one day boat tour of the Kenai Peninsula.

This was a July cruise, but it took so long to sort through the thousands of photos .... and that is why this is getting posted so late. :o I don't know how people that post from the ships can keep up a blog every day.

Mary

Part 1 -Cruise: Vancouver to Seward http://maryandnormtravel.blogspot.ca/2014/09/alaska-cruise-and-tour-july-2014-part-1.html

Part 2 - Land Tour: http://maryandnormtravel.blogspot.ca/2014/10/alaska-cruise-and-tour-july-2014-part-2.html

Great photos! I'm sorry you didn't see more wildlife in Denali, but at least you saw a couple of bears in other parts of your trip.

Was it worth it to drive all the way to Whitehorse from Skagway? We're not sure if we want to. And how did you like the Clarion Suites in Anchorage?

Edited by ubarpants

Great photos! I'm sorry you didn't see more wildlife in Denali, but at least you saw a couple of bears in other parts of your trip.

Was it worth it to drive all the way to Whitehorse from Skagway? We're not sure if we want to. And how did you like the Clarion Suites in Anchorage?

Glad you enjoyed the photos.

We had time, so we thought we would keep going up to Whitehorse. It was nice to see the capital city of the Yukon, and not just another tourist town. It's not a very big city, but really cool to be able to say we went there. We found the drive very pleasant since we had a beautiful day. It is also worth it if you need to do any shopping (groceries/snacks, walmart, drug stores, tim Horton's). We used the free wifi at the walmart.

....so, I guess it's worth it if you have the time and a nice day. And Im sure there were more things to see than what we did.

We really liked the Clarion Suites. The rooms were big .... a couch/living area, and a bedroom with the bathroom in between. It is in a great location, just a few blocks from downtown and the park is right behind the hotel. You can walk anyplace downtown or to the Cook monument. The included breakfast was quite good. Staff were good and it was clean. I would stay here again. Everyone in our tour really liked it.

I have really enjoyed looking at everyone's photos and reviews so much that I thought I would share ours as well. Hopefully it will bring back some memories or add to your anticipation. I know many of the shots are repetitive in so many reviews, but I always still enjoy seeing them over and over. Hope you do to.

This is our blog of our July Oosterdam Cruise and land tour. Loved the trip, but if I would do it again, I would definitely spend more than one night in Denali and would add a one day boat tour of the Kenai Peninsula.

This was a July cruise, but it took so long to sort through the thousands of photos .... and that is why this is getting posted so late. :o I don't know how people that post from the ships can keep up a blog every day.

Mary

Part 1 -Cruise: Vancouver to Seward http://maryandnormtravel.blogspot.ca/2014/09/alaska-cruise-and-tour-july-2014-part-1.html

Part 2 - Land Tour: http://maryandnormtravel.blogspot.ca/2014/10/alaska-cruise-and-tour-july-2014-part-2.html

Hi Mary

It's a wonderful review, especially good shots of the whales and the Klondike. Well done on making it to Whitehorse !

Edited by Cornishpastyman1

Don't know why, but I can't open the links to your photos. Can't even cut and paste the link.

You might want to add them to the Trip Report STICKY. People enjoy reading trip reports but seeing photos brings it to life and helps people with their decisions about activities and vendors.

I enjoyed reading your blog and viewing your fantastic pictures! May I ask what type of camera and lens you used?

Thanks, glad you enjoyed it. I don't have really expensive camera equipment as I like to travel light. The majority of the photos were taken with a Nikon D3100 (a small and very light body) with a sigma 18-250 lens. I also used my point and shoot Panasonic Lumix ZS30 with a 20x zoom.

Thank you… I was going through Trip Report withdrawal and was resigning myself to not seeing another one until next year ( when we go- can't wait). So, thank you for taking your time! Great photos by the way.