New Orleans Parking

RS182

Just booked a February cruise out of New Orleans. We have never sailed out of New Orleans and will be driving in from Houston. What are recommendations for parking? Cruise terminal parking is $20/day which seems high from the surface. Is that recommended or are their alternatives?

Thanks!

Everyone has an opinion.

Mine is the $20 per day is well worth the convenience. I was just there last week. I drove up, paid, stopped to give luggage to porter, parked (covered parking!), walked right into terminal. So easy, no bus ride etc.

when we returned. Walked right off ship straight to our car (self carry luggage) - took maybe 10 minutes. Drove right out to highway.

So convenient, i wish Galveston was set up like that.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

So terminal parking did seem super convenient. It is not like Galveston where it is uncovered. Terminal parking is in a covered garage. We chose to park st Fulton garage. Did a 5 day cruise and Fulton has shuttle busses going constantly to and from tbe terminal. It was easy and the staff was very friendly. Fulton is also covered parking.

Sent from my SM-G930P using Forums mobile app

We've sailed out of New Orleans twice. LOVED their parking garage. Just be sure that you have all of your bags locked and tagged before heading there. As soon as you get in the garage, you'll be stopped by Port staff to check your boarding passes to be sure you are there on the correct day. They will take all of your checked luggage, then let you go park. Elevators will take you to the ground level, where you just go around the corner into the next building to check in. Easiest port ever.

• 2 weeks later...
We've sailed out of New Orleans twice. LOVED their parking garage. Just be sure that you have all of your bags locked and tagged before heading there. As soon as you get in the garage, you'll be stopped by Port staff to check your boarding passes to be sure you are there on the correct day. They will take all of your checked luggage, then let you go park. Elevators will take you to the ground level, where you just go around the corner into the next building to check in. Easiest port ever.

PlanoDebbie -- how was your experience getting out of the parking garage after returning from your cruise? Was there a long wait once you get in your car to head out of the garage?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Just booked a February cruise out of New Orleans. We have never sailed out of New Orleans and will be driving in from Houston. What are recommendations for parking? Cruise terminal parking is $20/day which seems high from the surface. Is that recommended or are their alternatives?

Thanks!

You didn't say which February cruise you booked. If you booked anything before February 28th, you'll be dealing with Mardi Gras traffic and parades.

We have a cruise booked February 26th and plan to get to the terminal and parked early... Just in case.