Deck plan question

elycelynne

So if there's a straight line next to a particular cabin, does it mean that the balcony for that cabin will have a view straight down to the water without being blocked by a lifeboat?

I've only been on the Royal so far, and the view from my regular balcony look down at the lifeboat. Is this the case for Princess ships in general?

Royal and Regal have the lifeboats hanging off the side. Other Princess ships have them tucked up under the edge so that they hang over the walkway on Promenade deck. You really only have to worry about them obstructing your view in Ocean View cabins.

You can see the view from the obstructed view cabins HERE

I happened to be looking at the Emerald and Ruby, but on the Princess website the deck plans for all the ships are like that.

I asked because I did not know what ship(s) you were looking at......

A curved outline on the Royal/Regal/Majestic showing the Skywalk which other ships do not have.

Royal and Regal have the lifeboats hanging off the side. Other Princess ships have them tucked up under the edge so that they hang over the walkway on Promenade deck. You really only have to worry about them obstructing your view in Ocean View cabins.

You can see the view from the obstructed view cabins HERE

Good to know -- That's what I'm generally used to. So here's a follow-up question: If I choose a cabin on Baja deck (11), will I be looking down onto a balcony on Caribe (10, which I understand are slightly deeper), or will I be able to look directly down to the water?

Good to know -- That's what I'm generally used to. So here's a follow-up question: If I choose a cabin on Baja deck (11), will I be looking down onto a balcony on Caribe (10, which I understand are slightly deeper), or will I be able to look directly down to the water?

If you lean over the balcony rail to view straight down you will have partial views of deck 10 & 9 balconies and then the sea below. Having been in many balcony cabins on Grand Class ships no one really sits and looks straight down. The sight is outward. You get excellent views from deck 11 balconies.

On the Emerald and the Ruby, to be looking directly down at the water from your balcony, with no other balconies visible below your balcony. you would need a minisuite cabin on the Dolphin deck.
Or a mini suite on Emerald deck (8). They are in the aft part of the ship.