Silhouette - time change

cruisinlawn

Curious, does she adjust her time back an hour on the Western Carib itinerary as she heads to Cozumel? I'm only curious, I know we stay on ship's time regardless. TIA:)

Yes , you will go 1 hour back the night before Cozumel and then you will go 1 hour forward the next night (assuming you only have 1 day in that time zone).

"Ships Time", no such thing really as all clocks onboard will be changed and everything will be in local (Cozumel) time for that 1 full day.

With any cruise crossing time zones, everything changes , your body clock has to adjust to.

With any cruise crossing time zones, everything changes , your body clock has to adjust to.

FYI this is completely untrue. Whether or not ship time changes to match port time is at the discretion of the Captain. Sometimes the ship does change ship time to match port time when their is a difference, sometimes not. I have experienced multiple cruises where the ship did adjust ship time to match the local time but also multiple cruises where ship and local time were an hour apart. Never assume local time and ship time is the same; you may miss the ship! If ship time changes it will be well announced on board. While in port always have a watch set to ship time; do not rely on a cell phone as that might automatically revert to local time.

Just back from Dec 14th sailing of Silohoutte for Western Caribbean route.

We DID NOT change time for Cozumel stop. We stayed on ships time which was 1 hr ahead.

Don't worry about it ....

The crew will remind everyone 10 different times when you get off about ships time (versus local time) and when to be back onboard.

Keith

Thanks all for the input. We're only trying to calculate our actual time in port to determine if we do an all inclusive or not. Our experience has been completely random as noted above. Sometime ship time changes, sometimes not. Given one recent sailing stated they did and another stated they did not, we'll just wait and see. Btw, where we are going opens/ closes based on Coz time, they do not do so based on ships in port. TIA.:)

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

Okay everyone - so I just got back from my cruise on the Silhouette last week and YES, it DOES change time to match the local time. Not only on our trip but I was told it does on EVERY trip. Also, I talked to three friends of mine who have been long time employees of Celebrity and they all said that "99.9%" of the time their ships change time to coincide with local time.

There are many factors at play. One factor to take into account is whether or not the US is on Daylight Saving Time. So the time of year can come into play

Whether to change time or not is the Captain's prerogative.

I think it is misleading to say that one ship ALWAYS or NEVER does anything in relation to the time change. A change of Captain could cause a change in policy.

Yes, just not on the Silhouette.

I guess it just points out that you need to wait until you get on the ship and see what happens. We did Silhouette in Dec., 2013 and the clocks were changed when we went to Cozumel. Next night we changed them back.

Oh, there are a lot of people who are just a little too into it when it comes to these cruises. I check in every so often and it cracks me up.

"Facebook for cruise geeks" is what my wife calls it.

We were on the Silhouette recently and the time differences caused quite a bit of confusion. It was part of the fun.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I'm just saying that I think it's funny when people here claim to know more about a particular ship than the staff that actually work that ship or employees who work for the cruise line.

My information came from my memory and my dailies which I had in front of me when I posted. Also, if you follow this board for any period of time you will find out that those on the ship and employees of the cruise line are very often wrong. This has been going on for years. All you need to do is look at the recent thread on the Gastropub being put onto the Eclipse during its drydock. All the people on board who swore this was not going to happen and then finding out it actually is being put on the ship. Quite funny and typical.

Edited by dkjretired