Availability of airport transfers once on board

hrhdhd

I am looking for clarification about the onboard availability of transfers to the airport at the end of a cruise.

I will end up in Civitavecchia after my August cruise and would like an early-morning transfer to FCO. In the Land Discoveries brochure, a transfer including a brief tour of Rome is available for people with flights after a certain time, but I don't see a simple transfer from port to airport. (I'd also like to use my OBC, but that's not an essential.)

Can someone with experience let me know if I'll be able to book an a.m. transfer once I board?

Thanks much!

I am looking for clarification about the onboard availability of transfers to the airport at the end of a cruise.

I will end up in Civitavecchia after my August cruise and would like an early-morning transfer to FCO. In the Land Discoveries brochure, a transfer including a brief tour of Rome is available for people with flights after a certain time, but I don't see a simple transfer from port to airport. (I'd also like to use my OBC, but that's not an essential.)

Can someone with experience let me know if I'll be able to book an a.m. transfer once I board?

Thanks much!

From our experience, yes you can.

Hi,

The ship always provides an airport transfer, you should be able to book it through Guest Relations as it will appear with the price when you get your disembaerkation details sheet to fill in. However depending on your time of departure from FCO it may be worth while looking into your own arrangements. I have used Viator before to book transfers to FCO from the port at a very reasonable price as FCO is about 1.5 hours from the port depending on time of day and traffic as well.

Hope that gives you and few options and some helpful info

Gareth

It is our first Azamara cruise, but when we have booked our Air via Celebrity UK, we have had a day hotel room + transfers to the hotel and the airport included. air via Azamara UK.

Is this the same when booking air as part of the Azamara cruise package?

Thanks for the help. I have looked into private transfers, but for a solo they don't save much money.

Will the ones from the ship leave as early as 7 a.m.?

Why don't you go to your roll call and ask if there's a transfer you can share or better still start one. It's always worked for us.

It´s no problem to book a transfer to the airport. But the airport in Rome is far away so the prices from the cruiseline are much more expensive than a private transfer.

We have done that a few days ago from Miami port to airport for $ 18 per person. But thats only a 20 minutes drive.

For Civitavecchia I can recommend Civitatours http://www.civitatours.com/en.html.

We and a lot of cruisefriends are doing all our transfers with them, either from airport to port or the other direction. Sometimes we take the bus for 20 Euros per person, sometimes, if time is not appropriately, we ask for the a shared van.

Shared Airport Transfer

Minivan transport with driver (max capacity: 6) to Leonardo da Vinci airport (Fiumicino)

Departure from port: at 8:30 – arrival to the airport: at 9:20

Prices

€80 for 2 people (max luggage: 2)

€110 for 2 people + 1 child 2 to 12 yrs. (max luggage: 3)

€20 Extra luggage

Why don't you go to your roll call and ask if there's a transfer you can share or better still start one. It's always worked for us.

Not much participation on the roll call these days. :( And I will be the one with a lot of luggage, so I don't want to be that person. ;)

In December, we booked a transfer to the Miami airport while on board the Journey. It was not listed in the Land Discoveries brochure, neither on-line nor in paper format. They added it once we were on board and announced it as an option. We used our OBC to pay for it. We might do the same in Nice in a couple of weeks, if AZ offers an airport transfer as an option.

In December, we booked a transfer to the Miami airport while on board the Journey. It was not listed in the Land Discoveries brochure, neither on-line nor in paper format. They added it once we were on board and announced it as an option.

Same with our recent Journey cruise ending in Miami. First bus was at 8:30, but the Miami airport is a lot closer than Fiumicino is to Civitavecchia.