Requesting upsell fairy deals!

mistyinca

You would get the current website price' date=' sometimes that can be a good deal especially if you had booked ES.[/quote']

Exactly this, especially if you notice a price drop. We just did that for our upcoming cruise on the Splendor from OS to GS for what will be the equivalent of less than $600 for 3 people once we figured in additional OBC (both 25% bonus for my medallion cruise and the bump up came with OBC).

Sent from my KFFOWI using Tapatalk

If there was a way for this to happen, everyone would call to try and get an upgrade. If you have a desirable room, you will be more likely to get the call. 2 rooms with a *M/8N have gotten the calls as well as a 4 person cove balcony got the call as well.

I will board Carnival for the 16th time next Saturday and this is the first time we have received a call from the upsell fairy. We have cruised in premium balconies that sold out and OS in the past. I was so surprised and excited to finally get a call, I said yes without thinking much about it. :o I did ask if that was her best and final offer ;) It was. In hindsight, I should have said no. We moved from an OS to a GS and it won't matter that much to us on this trip. So much for the savings we had with the AARP gift cards.:rolleyes:

Exactly this, especially if you notice a price drop.

This is what I did. Originally booked Early Saver rate on an OV and price went up right after booking and came down to original rate just after final payment. Kept checking for a price drop and it never happened for an OV, but the price dropped for a balcony. Scooped it up in a heartbeat for not much more moolah.

I will board Carnival for the 16th time next Saturday and this is the first time we have received a call from the upsell fairy. We have cruised in premium balconies that sold out and OS in the past. I was so surprised and excited to finally get a call, I said yes without thinking much about it. :o I did ask if that was her best and final offer ;) It was. In hindsight, I should have said no. We moved from an OS to a GS and it won't matter that much to us on this trip. So much for the savings we had with the AARP gift cards.:rolleyes:

Out of the 30 or so CCL cruises we have been on have gotten the call 4x and taken 2.

Best was inside to aftwrap for 250 pp.

If there was a way for this to happen, everyone would call to try and get an upgrade. If you have a desirable room, you will be more likely to get the call. 2 rooms with a *M/8N have gotten the calls as well as a 4 person cove balcony got the call as well.

Agreed - With 24 ships and 3000 passengers per ship per week, Carnival would have to have thousands of reps just to handle these calls alone. Not well thought out.

I've been eyeing the suites available. I have a spa balcony and I would love to get a good deal on one of those remaining suites. I just don't want to spring the extra bucks for the current rate.

That is why many of us have not gotten the call. Not that many go unsold just before the cruise.

I think that's what they are counting on people doing.

Out of the 30 or so CCL cruises we have been on have gotten the call 4x and taken 2.

Best was inside to aftwrap for 250 pp.

That is an awesome deal!

I'm wondering if people who go through travel agencies don't get called as much, simply because it adds another layer of communication (since Carnival can't call me directly). We only use an agency because we book with certificates from Hilton Honors points, so we cannot possible book directly with Carnival. We did have an upsell once - now that I think about it we booked with certificates then. Went from a regular balcony (first one we had ever booked - it was for our 25th wedding anniversary) to a suite for around $100/pp.

Since we almost always book inside rooms (and lots of times book guaranty rooms), I would love the opportunity for an upsell.

Edited by ScottsSweetie

True but in our case we always wanted to try aftwrap and it was a lot cheaper than what we would have paid to book it originally.

You must have missed the part where I said yours was an awesome deal - I would take that deal every day, all day long! Having an aft balcony is on my bucket list! :)