Meet and Mingle on MSC ships?

Kreuzfahrtneuling

Well we have a group of 25 couples or so ....have sent the info in to customer service....they say they are working on it.....we are hoping that something will be arranged as got an email form the boss of MSC USA saying they will do Meet and Greets.....no number was suggested so who knows if they will need a min number.....

• 2 weeks later...
Well we have a group of 25 couples or so ....have sent the info in to customer service....they say they are working on it.....we are hoping that something will be arranged as got an email form the boss of MSC USA saying they will do Meet and Greets.....no number was suggested so who knows if they will need a min number.....

Ken,

For my recent Celebrity Meet and Mingle, we were all offered Prosecco or Mimosas. Note that you could have more than one drink. Four years ago, however, we had lots of finger foods but no booze.

Really hope that MSC comes through with the Meet and Mingle for the TA, especially since we've had so many other disappointments. Also, it would give the English speaking people a chance to get together!

MSC didn't respond when I tried to organize one on the Orchestra years ago. We then all agreed to meet at the pool bar. About 8 of us of the 30+ or so who had chatted on line showed up. It was very dull and disappointing since people who had posted the day before that they would be there for sure all did a no show.

After that I never tried to meet up with people on the two other MSC cruises we did. Still had a great time though.:)

Our best group ever was on RCCL in Australia we all met the night before in a Sydney hotel and the party never stopped on board. By the time we had the official meet and greet we all seems to know each other well. Even the RCCL personnel asked if we were a 'group' that all booked together. Still in touch with some of them years later.

Since we know MSC reads this, it might be something they want to invest in. We also had a great M&G on the NCL Star and the Captain not only came and spend lots of time with us but offered us all tours of the Bridge. The next day we got invitations in our cabin for a bridge tour at a specific time. He must have welcomed at least 3 smaller groups to get us all in. It was fascinating and will remain one of my all time cruise highlights.

So far it seems there has been no response ... :(

Like monicajay has stated, surely it would be in the companies best interest, they have already upset a lot of us already with Nassau ( had to mention it ) so they should go out their way to make us happy, plus again monicajay has stated they still keep in touch, so that keeps memories alive! And if they were great memories any company would love to still be apart of them :)

"Hey! Turn around. Tuuuuurn around. I'm on vacation to get away from people like you."

Louie Anderson

I guess this is the things you hear when on ship, I think that is what your trying to tell us, you are right it is constructive :)

Hi everybody,

Just a quick question -- Does MSC organize Meet and Mingle parties for Cruise Critic members...or are there just too few to even bother? On our RCL cruise we needed 25 people to get a party started. How many would one need to get something similar going on MSC?

Stef

Hi Stef,

Please call our reservations department to organize your Meet & Greet. They can be reached at 866-545-8088.

Hope this helps!

"Perhaps one inside look at why no one wants to be a part of these to the point that MSC doesn't seem to want anything to do with them"

Kelownabccan ... Well we have a group of 25 couples or so

No one wants to be part of them then ?

• 1 year later...
Sounds like MSC is now on board!

I've been trying to get some Cruise Critic members to get together on Dec 21st on MSC Armonia and have got 2 couples to meet up with me. Would be nice if MSC did something for us, but going on past experience, I'm sure to be the only one there! MSC please note, Cream Bar, 11am 21st. Surprise me!

I've been trying to get some Cruise Critic members to get together on Dec 21st on MSC Armonia and have got 2 couples to meet up with me. Would be nice if MSC did something for us, but going on past experience, I'm sure to be the only one there! MSC please note, Cream Bar, 11am 21st. Surprise me!

I think you'll be out of luck. They only really do it on the Divina where passengers have heard of Cruise Critic. We had around 35 on our Armonia doll call and we had to organise ourselves for all our meet ups, lunches etc.

Hi everybody,

Just a quick question -- Does MSC organize Meet and Mingle parties for Cruise Critic members...or are there just too few to even bother? On our RCL cruise we needed 25 people to get a party started. How many would one need to get something similar going on MSC?

Stef

Our suggestions,,,from our roll call in May,,,,

We first met before safety drill at the aft port topside bar, deck 15(The Garden bar), great location, lots of seats, had 3-4 bartenders!

After safety drill we met again on Deck 5 (the Divina Bar)

I think you'll be out of luck. They only really do it on the Divina where passengers have heard of Cruise Critic. We had around 35 on our Armonia doll call and we had to organise ourselves for all our meet ups, lunches etc.

We are on the Divina for the grand voyage in April -- typically TAs have a lot of people posting on CC but we have just a handful. I think it has a lot to do with the passenger base.

We are on the Divina for the grand voyage in April -- typically TAs have a lot of people posting on CC but we have just a handful. I think it has a lot to do with the passenger base.

Yes yiu are right. A large percentage won't speak English as a first language or at all, so won't know about CC.

On the TA to Miami last year a couple of meetings were held but had been organised by a guy called Ken from Canada who i believe is also on the TA back to Europe.

MSC however provided only water and a meeting point.

• 1 year later...