Sensational Serenade 12 night Med with Venice overnight and Montenegro Review.

Oh joy of joys. It seems that all of my photo's have disappeared. What a pain in the behind! It seems a certain website wants cash off of me for extra bandwidth. Anyone any suggestions of what to do ? Other than give them money that is!

Thanks

Catherine

Oh joy of joys. It seems that all of my photo's have disappeared. What a pain in the behind! It seems a certain website wants cash off of me for extra bandwidth. Anyone any suggestions of what to do ? Other than give them money that is!

Thanks

Catherine

All you can do is move the photos to another photo sharing website, but that will not fix the current links that are not working.

Now you know why eveyone wants your data in their "cloud".:rolleyes:

Thanks

Catherine

I paid the cash - and then I don't worry about it. After losing my photos (thank goodness I had them backed up) to the Webshots nightmare I switched to SmugMug and have been very happy. It costs me $60 a year, but they are always there and if my computer crashes I still have them available.

All you can do is move the photos to another photo sharing website, but that will not fix the current links that are not working.

Now you know why eveyone wants your data in their "cloud".:rolleyes:

I do indeed Bob :rolleyes:

Thanks for the suggestion.

We are going on a pub crawl in Venice, so will be sampling cichetti from 3 different bars, with a guide to keep us out of the canals.:D

Bummer about your photos. I guess I'd better check my account...

Pub crawl in Venice sounds very very appealing right now!!

Do you know what area it is scheduled to be in? Maybe you will go to Cantina do Mori.

don't panic! I'll tell you about the picture deal. I had the same problem in my last review.

The thing is -- with photobucket you're only allowed a certain amount of storage (meaning number of data you upload onto their cloud) and a certain number of bandwidth ( meaning how many hits your shared photos get). Since your review is so much fun:D -- you're polular and have now exceeded your bandwidth:(. But do not panic. The bandwidth will be scrolled back down to zero once you've reached a full month. It always starts on the day you started your membership. :confused: If you don't know when that was, just log on to your account, click on your icon in the upper right (between "search" and "cart") and decide on "settings". Now you click on "Account", which is the choice at the very right. Now it shows you the date your membership started -- and therefore will be the day of the month when your pictures will show again:o. After that it's a new ballgame -- for as long as it takes until the high viewcount will drive them over the magical edge of 10.0 GB free bandwidth again:eek:. Whatever you do -- don't upload even more pictures into that account - even if it tells you there is plenty of storage left --> the additional pictures will only cause your bandwidth to expire earlier on in the next month.

For my Serenade account I used up TWO photobucket accounts and the pictures still kept dissappearing:mad:.

I was very much annoyed -- and changed to Flickr. For me it's working out nicely so far although I had some difficulties sharing pics after they remodeled their menus...but now I've mastered that and all is good. I can give you directions if you'd like to try as well. If not, you can always create an infinity of new small different photobucket accounts... but it gets confusing after a while.

Hope that helped,

Stef

YIPPPEEE, they're back - for now!

Stef thanks again for your help. I'm going to set up a new account. This review is about 80% complete now anyway so I think it will work out ok.

Thanks to everyone for following along and to all that came to my aid in my time of photographic need :D

YIPPPEEE, they're back - for now!

Stef thanks again for your help. I'm going to set up a new account. This review is about 80% complete now anyway so I think it will work out ok.

Thanks to everyone for following along and to all that came to my aid in my time of photographic need :D

Look forward to hearing the rest of the story.

Sent from my XT1080 using Forums mobile app

My husband has figured out where Irish Cath is!

I was telling him about this review and how we are half way through Venice. I mentioned that I was excited to hear about the pre-paid timed tickets for St Marks and that Cath had some kind of issue.

He said "Aha! The Italian police finally caught up with her and she is now in St Mark's jail, all because of the tickets to St Marks!"

Irish Cath, let us know if we need to take up a collection for bail money!

:)

My husband has figured out where Irish Cath is!

I was telling him about this review and how we are half way through Venice. I mentioned that I was excited to hear about the pre-paid timed tickets for St Marks and that Cath had some kind of issue.

He said "Aha! The Italian police finally caught up with her and she is now in St Mark's jail, all because of the tickets to St Marks!"

Irish Cath, let us know if we need to take up a collection for bail money!

:)

Hahaha, that must be where she is!! Irish Cath, just say the code word "arschbombe" and let us know you're ok!

Sent using the Cruise Critic forums app

Hi Everyone.

Firstly please accept my sincerest apologies for not being around much lately. Once I got over the dreaded sinus issues I then had a really hectic week. And i'm sorry to say I have some more bad news.... I'm going away early tomorrow morning for the week. I'm so sorry.

The idea of Grrr being thrown in St Marks jail tickled me very much - can I pretend that he is and you can all get a collection together for me to go visit. This weekend would be ideal as I heard there's a certain Mr Clooney getting married there this weekend. Maybe I could go and take some pictures to show you all - of course while i'm between prison visits :D

I'l try my very bestest to get one post up tonight.......

Another question. Which side of the ship were you on for the Venice sail in?

Your pictures are wonderful!

Hi JimAOK1945 (may I call you Jim :D )

Sailing into Venice we were starboard and although it's slightly hazy ( as I had cocktail in hand) i'm pretty sure it was starboard out of Barcelona for the city view. Glad you're enjoying the review

Hi Everyone.

Firstly please accept my sincerest apologies for not being around much lately. Once I got over the dreaded sinus issues I then had a really hectic week. And i'm sorry to say I have some more bad news.... I'm going away early tomorrow morning for the week. I'm so sorry.

The idea of Grrr being thrown in St Marks jail tickled me very much - can I pretend that he is and you can all get a collection together for me to go visit. This weekend would be ideal as I heard there's a certain Mr Clooney getting married there this weekend. Maybe I could go and take some pictures to show you all - of course while i'm between prison visits :D

I'l try my very bestest to get one post up tonight.......

So long as you are okay, we'll give you another week!

Give George, um I mean Grrrr, our love!

Hi JimAOK1945 (may I call you Jim :D )

Sailing into Venice we were starboard and although it's slightly hazy ( as I had cocktail in hand) i'm pretty sure it was starboard out of Barcelona for the city view. Glad you're enjoying the review

Hi!

Yes, you may call me Jim. Thanks for taking the time to answer my questions. Now we will know which side of the ship to be on for both events.

I hope you are feeling much better by the time you return. I'm looking forward to reading the rest of your wonderful review as are others who have followed along. Have a safe and enjoyable week!